Help please.. Score editor: Display all parts?

C_MAJOR

I have a large orchestral piece that I’d like to print out after editing it in the score editor. My problem is that I can’t for the life of me figure out how to display all my tracks (parts) at the same time. Only the track or region that is selected is displayed... or, if I double click in the arrange window, I get to see all the midi multi instruments displayed as parts, but the other (single track VI) parts do NOT get displayed. I’ve tried every view options I can find. What am I missing here? I searched TFM... can’t find it. I need to see everything so I can bracket off the sections and make the appropriate articulation notations. But without seeing it all at once, it’s almost impossible.

Thanks,

dk

-----------

Dual 1.25GHz G4 FW800

2GB RAM

OS10.4 Tiger

LOGIC 7.1

M-Audio Firewire 410 (driver 1.5)

• 8 years later...

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

I also cannot see all the instruments together in the score. The Problem is that I do not have the LAYOUT, or the LITTLE RECTANGLE on the Score window. I remember I had it on the Logic Express 9, but since I updated a few days ago to Logic X I cannot find it and I am frustrated about this.

Thanks,

Logic Pro X

8GB Ram

OSX 10.9.2

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

I also cannot see all the instruments together in the score. The Problem is that I do not have the LAYOUT, or the LITTLE RECTANGLE on the Score window.

Go to Preferences > Advanced and check the Show Advanced Tools box (plus all other boxes in that window).

Logic Pro X

8GB Ram

OSX 10.9.2

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

J.

• 1 month later...

Using Logic Pro X [from 9 that WORKED] with Mavs on MacProearly 2008: I went into preferences> [mine says Advanced Tools under preferences]> and all the boxes except 'allow destructive audio editing' were already checked. I'm having the same problem as above, as well as not being able to get the piano part to 'layout' correctly with 2 staves. It worked fine in 9 because I have it, but now I've got X, which, if I recall, doesn't work with Mavs. I need to print out all my parts in png format to put into an iBook and on web. Would someone help please? I've wasted a month fumbling around off and on. Too frustrating. Thanks.

I just went back in again, and clicking around without changing above preferences/advanced, the piano part with 2 stave piano score layout came up for the first time. I didn't change anything. Now, I need to get it into png format. I got it to print out OK. And can export a midi file. But now I can't figure out how to get the scores saved to jpg/png, pdf, or whatever it might save/export to for transferring into png to put in an iBook. Please help. Thanks.