Error -39

dkgross

I found this...it's pretty old, but it addresses -39 in LP7, I dont know if it also applies to 8, but you wouldnt think they would just change error codes like that.

----------------------

"How to solve Error code-39 Error code -39 is a problem when playing small Apple Loops that are set to loop mode, i.e. a single bass drum hit. This is a problem for all Apple Loop format samples under 100 KB from any producer or source and affects GarageBand & Logic Pro 7 Apple's Soundtrack Application is not affected by this problem.

Step 1 You will need to download and install the Soundtrack Loop Utility (Apple Loops SDK) http://developer.apple.com/sdk/

Step 2 Using the Finder in Columns View, go to the loop directory for GarageBand. i.e. (Hard Drive/library/Application Support/GarageBand/Apple Loops/ProPack For GarageBand Vol.1/ProPack Vol.1a/ProPack For GarageBand Vol.1a/Brass Elements) If you have installed your loops on an external hard drive use that directory to find your loops.

Step 3 Select the loops that are smaller then 100 KB. Double click on the loops and they will open in the Soundtrack Loop Utility.

Step 4 Select all the loops in the list and turn the loop mode to One-Shot, then Save All.

Additional folders can be added at Step 3 before proceeding with Step 4. This will fix the Error code -39 in GarageBand and Logic Pro 7. Loop mode can be turned back on at a later date when Apple have addressed this problem. "

------------------------

I also read that this is the code for *unexpected* end of file. This makes sense because the issue described above with the apple loops seems to have to do with size, e.g. length. How to fix it if your not using apple loops seems to be elusive. Seems to come from an audio file in a particular project and not an issue with your system. One guy deletes all his fades, but really I dont have any more info.

Good Luck.

All I did for dkgross was search google using this string: logic pro "error code -39"

Just do the same thing: logic pro "error code -43"

I found alot of causes for this error code when I searched. I'm sure someone shares your cause. Its really easy to find this kind of info on google.

Good Luck!

:shock: There's _NO_ Apple Loops in my song that's giving me the Error-39 :shock:

Look at the last part of bmdaugherty's reply. Its also the error code for unexpected EOF. I'd guess that your file is corrupted. The code is reading your file and finding the EOF marker before its getting to what the directory structure says is the end of the file. In other words - the OS is reporting to the code that the file is 3k long but when the code tries to read 3k of data it hits the EOF marker at 2k (for the sake of argument). Chances are you had a crash while the file your having problems with was open and it was never closed properly - creating a major PITA for you.