Using a control surface for external instrument parameters?

Bluemoa

I have a Mackie MCU Pro and i want to create a set of controls for an external instrument via knobs and faders to midi CC parameters via the envrionment and use my control surface to automatically recognize those knobs and faders as plug-in controls or something equivalent so i can edit them with the control surface controls. Any ideas? Thanks

Here's how to create up to 16 controls. In a new environment layer, create 16 new instrument objects, not multi-instruments. Set their ports to Off. Assign each its own MIDI channel, 1-16. Name each one after a parameter you want to control.

In the Arrange, create 16 new external MIDI tracks and be sure they're assigned to these 16 instruments.

In the environment, cable each instrument to a transformer and convert cc7 to the cc# you want to control on your synth with that MIDI channel fader. If the synth is responding on channel 1, then fix the MIDI channel to 1, as shown in the pic below.

Cable all those transformers to another new instrument object that has its port set to the MIDI port your synth is connected to. That's it.

When you automate volume on those MIDI tracks you'll be automating the parameter on that synth and those MIDI tracks show up on the MCU. Not too hard. I'm not sure how to do more than 16. Never have needed to.

MCU-MIDI.jpg.8b2557c7adb8f6747e6399b7a297c1b2.jpg