adding new sounds to exs24.

mkrr24

I have a cd from Loopmasters Sample Library that contains .exs files with wav - where would I add exs file to use it in logic studio. I can use wave as sample sound, but the exs file is a problem, I simply do not know where to put it and how?

import or drag?

Thanks in advance

Put the *.exs & *.wav files in the following path:

/Users/You/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/

You can create sub-folders in there - I have one "My Instruments" - You can create sub-folders (Bass, Drums, Leads etc) The sample instruments will then show in the EXS24.

Hope this helps...

Andy

ok so I created the folder " My Instruments " it shows up - when I open the folder it shows the sound but it asks for wav. file which I put with the exs file but no luck.

Did Logic not give you the option to locate the .wav files yourself?

As long as the .exs files are in the .../sampler insruments folder, it shouldn't matter where the .wavs are.

Ok LOOPMASTER Studio sent me new files and it works fine it is something wrong with my CD. Solved

Thanks Everyone for your Help

ps: I still managed to use the old cd - ok so what i did is this - I opened exs24 than pressed the instrument, (Absence than Bass Taki in my case)- I continued without wav. when it said it could not locate and than I went to exs24 edit once the preset was loaded - it showes the audio in zones with "!" so I presses and it askes if i want load, so manually I have to load each Zone

and than it works. when you click on wav. file it says bad file name or volume name ( perhaps zero length) thought I share my discovery