Antares MIDI Control, i need help

jv2612

this guys haves auto-tune evo, and a keyboard, he does this, in antares site, there is a tutorial

In Logic, audio tracks don't accept MIDI input, which is why an effect plug-in that has been inserted in an Audio track, Bus, or Aux channel does not respond to MIDI input. Only Audio Instrument tracks accept MIDI input. Midi routing to audio plug-ins is not supported in Logic Express 8 or earlier, which is the scaled down version of Logic Pro. If you are using Logic Express 8 or earlier, it will not be possible to utilize the midi functionality of Auto-Tune and this will be sorely dissappointing. If you are using Logic Pro, you can use the following steps to route MIDI to Auto-Tune (or any MIDI-enabled plug-in) in Logic Pro:

1. Put some audio on an audio track (let's assume "Audio 1").

2. Put some MIDI on an instrument track (let's assume "Inst 1").

3. Select the audio track (Audio 1). In the I/O section, click on the output button, and select "No Output" in the menu that pops up. (This prevents the untuned audio from coming to your speakers. Auto-Tune will be your output device, so you don't want it also coming from here.)

4. Select the instrument track (Inst 1). In the I/O section, click on the input button, and select the sub-menu "AU MIDI-controlled Effects", then the sub-sub-menu "Antares", then the sub-menu "Auto-Tune" (mono or stereo). This instantiates the plug-in, giving it the MIDI data that's on this instrument track as its input.

5. In the plug-in window that pops up, at the top, near the middle, click on the button under the title "Side Chain:", and select the track number where you've assigned the audio. In this example, it is labeled "Audio 1". (This selects the audio that you put on that audio track as the "side-chain" input for the plug-in.)

6. Click on the 'Make scale from MIDI' or 'Target notes via MIDI' buttons on the Auto-Tune plug-in window to complete the MIDI routing.

i did exactly like this, it's works, but there is just one little thing, i want to use it live, is there a way? even in garage band, i need answer 4 today, 'cause i have a pocket-show today

thanks

Replace "1." with:

Set the appropriate input in the audio track's channel (an input that matches the hardware input where you intend to plug the mic in). Enable input monitoring on the channel strip (the "I" button) or record enable the track.

J.

srry, but i didn't understand well

I just remembered it could be a little more "complicated" than that for live audio input. You may need to route the audio channel to a bus and set that bus as input in auto tune's sidechain input (deleting or muting the aux channel that gets created automatically by Logic when routing to a bus).

Actually, just set auto tune's sidechain input to input 1 (or whichever input you selected in the audio channel) and you'll be all set. Don't forget to set the audio channel to "no output".

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres

I just remembered it could be a little more "complicated" than that for live audio input. You may need to route the audio channel to a bus and set that bus as input in auto tune's sidechain input (deleting or muting the aux channel that gets created automatically by Logic when routing to a bus).

J.

like, i am a newbie to logic and etc, so i really don't get to much what you said, i want to hear me live, with that effect in the video, i discovered the effect, but not how to do it live, thanks

• 2 years later...