Importing Large Files Into Logic? Editing Live Recordings

sal paradise

Was wondering if it's possible to import something into Logic with out turning it into a WAV file. Basically I want to edit down a 6 hour live set recorded @ 192kbps into 2 Hours. When it converts it to WAV it makes everything very unstable and Crash Prone. I'm thinking it's because it creates such a large Wav FIle @ 6 hours. So I am trying to find a work around.

Thanks

STP has smaller memory allotment as it is totally 32 bit. It has trouble over 40 min, as it is designed to edit reel - length projects, which are about 20 min.

Logic 9 in 64 bit might be able to handle it, but certainly not in 32 bit mode.

I am curious though...

mp3 files. Because they are long files (mix recordings I am a dj) when they convert to wav, logic has a hard time handling it. So I am wondering if you can import something with out it automatically converting it into a wav. Of course if there is another work around that would be great to know about to.

:?:

What file type can be 6 hours long at 192 kHz? Even CAF can't handle that, as per the list.

And why 192? Any dogwhistles in the track?

A quick calculation tells me you have an audio file that is 3 x 2 (24 bits=3 bytes times 2 (stereo)) x 192,000 x 6 (hours) x 3600 (seconds) = 24.88 GigaByte.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What audio file format can be that big?