"error code 1 was returned by audio driver" all o

freakk guitarist

so im working on a mix for a band and all of a sudden im getting this msg. nothing has changed computer wise..i started tracking a band...and on day 2 of mixing i started getting this error ONLY when bouncing in place/rendering a region

ive tried removing all non logic plugins to no avail, i also noticed that the error came up almost 3x more when i bounced a track with Ultrabeat on it. also the error messege does NOT stop the bounce, it completes normally...i just have to hit "continue" when the error pops up (make bouncing a track take VERY long, and i have to sit here with it, always clicking continue)

anybody experience this before? every thread ive found on it leads to a NI plugin (battery usually) but i dont even have and NI stuff in this session. any ideas?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just posted this on the Apple Support forum as well...

After much troubleshooting, the cause of this error in my setup was the Highpoint RocketRaid 2314 eSata PCIe card.

The Highpoint RocketRaid driver is included in OS X 10.8 with no additional drivers / installers to run. However, it isn't compatible with the old driver when upgrading the kernel (ie. 10.6 - 10.8)

I was bouncing to an external drive connected through eSata to the RocketRaid PCIe card... error message. Time Machine backup connected through eSata... error message. The drives were being dismounted rudely, or losing connection momentarily and reconnecting, resulting in the error messages.

Here are the instructions from Highpoint tech support to manually uninstall the embedded driver, and then reinstall the old Snow Leopard driver for use in Mountain Lion (10.8)... which works as it's suppposed to.

1. Go the folder System > Library > Extensions >, look for the file HighPointRR.kext and delete that file.

2. Second, download the driver from the link below, then run the Un-install script to remove any previous installed driver.

http://www.hptmac.com/productfiles/bios_driver/hptrr-mac106-driver-v11...

Then re-install the driver, but do not reboot or restart the system.

3. Third, download the webGUI from the link below. And run the un-install script to remove any previous installed web GUI.

http://www.hptmac.com/productfiles/WebGUI-Mac-v168-091120.dmg

Then re-install the web GUI and reboot after installation is complete.

Once the system has booted up, open a browser and type URL to log into web GUI.

http://localhost:7402

User Name: RAID

Password: hpt

I hope that this helps someone!