Problem with delay compensation

Arkadi

I'm having an issue with delay comensation. I have it activated in the preferences..

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/927/screenshot20110418at810.png

But I'm still getting a delay when rendering audio. For instance. If I record a midi snare drum, then quantize and bounce it I get this:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5998/dsald.png

As you can see the green wav is off!

Now if I turn off the convolution reverb it getts a little better but it is still off as you can see here:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7847/screenshot20110418at806.png

I tried low latency mode too, and bypassed plugins and am still getting it. I'm constantly having to readjust the wav's after bouncing and its driving me nuts.

Can't logic auto readjust the audio?

Any ideas? Thanks!

LOL Oh...my, I'm in the middle of a HUGE deadline and was hoping a simple setting would make logic bounce my audio properly. I didn't know I'd have to purchase and learn a whole 73 lesson class that would take me days to go through!!!! haha

I guess I will have to hobble through this issue for now... But I'll check it out after my gig is done. Thanks for the link though!

Edited by Arkadi

Thank you!!! I think I'm getting close. I reread the page carefully and am now able to bounce accurately. The only glitch is I have to bounce to a NEW TRACK in order to do this. I prefer to bounce to EXISTING audio tracks in my template to keep things tidy, BUT if I do this then it causes a very small latency.

Not a big deal, but was wondering if anyone knows why bouncing to an existing track would do this?

Thanks again! :D

I wanted to update this post once more.. Last night when I chose 'Compensation Audio and Instrument Tracks' it seemed to help and I was overjoyed. Now today its back to the latency!!! So I put it back to ALL and it bounced fine. THEN I did a test bounce again and it has latency as before! If I switch back again to 'Compensation Audio and Instrument Tracks' then it fixes it for one bounce. Then after that its back to latency. There seems to be no consistency to this problem.

This is super lame! - I'm rushing to get a score done and having to deal with this Mickey Mouse stuff. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!! :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops:

Edited by Arkadi

Not sure if anyone is interested in this thread.. but I wanted to post some updates in case it is helpful to anyone.

Since all my plugins in Logic are hosted through external PCs via Vienna Ensemble Pro, I checked the forum over at Vienna and it turns out that if you deactivate the buffer setting (in VEP) then Logic will bounce in place perfectly.

The only issue remaining is having to deactivate the buffer every time, which could be time consuming, so not sure if there is a way for Logic or VEP to do that. But I thought I'd update..

cheers

• 3 months later...