key command for moving cursor [SOLVED]

edurbrow

I really like the angle brackets for moving a measure at a time. Is there another couple of keys that moves less than that? I've looked all through the key commands but I can't find any. Something more than frames would be good. Just something that lets you get somewhere in the bar when it is fairly zoomed in would be nice.

TIA

To the above excellent advice of Jordito about Division Rewind and Forward I would add one more great key command:

Scrub Forward and Scrub Rewind - this slides the Playhead around very usefully.

Yes, that is nice too. Thanks for that. It is slower than move by division, so I've set up key commands for ; & ' for move by division and [ & ] for Scrub. This makes a nice sequence of key commands on the right side of the keyboard. I can go from move by bar (, &.) on up in decreasing speeds.

Okay, so that neatly selects regions in a track but how do you key command to move the Timeline to the start of a previous or next region?

It's called the playhead. The timeline don't move :wink:

I like Go to Selection Start and Go to Selection End.

J.

....Oh, We've always called it the Timeline over here :?

I've just found the "Play from selection start" button in the Transport set. But where are the controls you're referring to please?

....Oh, We've always called it the Timeline over here :?

This is wikipedia's definition. In my opinion, it also applies to timelines in DAW's:

A timeline is a project artefact. It is typically a graphic design showing a long bar labeled with dates alongside itself and (usually) events labeled on points where they would have happened.

Timelines can take use any time scale, depending on the subject and data. Most timelines use a linear scale, where a unit of distance is equal to a set amount of time.

But where are the controls you're referring to please?

I was talking about key commands. You can find them in the key commands window.

Regards,

J.