"error code -2 was returned by the audio driver logic"

VillainousLee

Hello! My first post here at Logic Pro Help. Nice to meet you all.

So my problem right now seems to be a problem not very common around the internet. I have recently bought a Audio-Tech Mic from Long & Mcquade (music store.) I have also recently hooked up my Fast Track Pro to my Imac with XLR wires connecting the Rokit 8 speakers. The Imac is currently powering the FTP.

Now onto the main problem (only told that other story just in case it effects this problem lol.) I recently opened up the current project i've been working on for quite some time now and whenever I open that project up or any other project, it gives me a error saying "error code -2 was returned by the audio driver logic."

ALL of my instruments & plugins/inserts are crossed out and there is no audio when I play the track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :D

ALL of my instruments & plugins/inserts are crossed out and there is no audio when I play the track.

That means your driver is not functioning properly.

First thing to try:

Open Preferences > Audio in Logic and try changing a setting, for example raise the I/O buffer size to the next value, then click Apply. Does the problem get away? Yes = great, No = move on to second thing below.

Second thing to try:

Go to the M-Audio website and look for the most recent driver for your FTP and your version of Mac OS X. Install that over your current driver - even if it's the same driver (in that case that's called 'reinstalling'). See if that helps.

Let us know?

None of those options worked :\

I am not sure what I could have done to mess the audio settings up. I literally was working on a project, closed it and when i opened the other track this happened.

The error code only happens when I use the "M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB" option for the input and output section.

Good to hear you got it to work for now.

Do you think this will solve the problem permanently?

It's hard to tell. But that's certainly not a good sign. I've never heard of error code -2 so I tried a little google search. The issue seems isolated to GarageBand and Logic (they use a lot of common code) and it appears with the Mac's built-in interface as well as 3rd party audio interfaces.

This person reports the error with Logic 5 in 2003 (!!!). Answers posted, but no solution found: logic 5.5/error code-2

This person reports the error with GarageBand in 2007. No answers: MacBook Pro - Speakers disappearing - Error code -2 returned by CoreAudio driver

This person reports the error with Logic in 2012. No answers: LOGIC: "Error code -2 was returned by the Audio driver."

etc etc...

See if the problem disappears, and if it doesn't you can do some deeper troubleshooting.