don't laugh! anyone know of one that will work with L9? (preferably free...)?

I wont laugh at you.

I, have only recently come over to logic and Mac.

I used to have a RME9632 card, in my old PC, which had their (RME) software running DIGICHECK.

It had great RMS metering, and the K System as well.

I really really missed it. It had become a very significant part of my work flow.

I looked around for a VU type plug in I could put on the master ouptut..to simulate what DIGICHECK gave me. I couldnt find anything suitable, even up to say 99USD, where as on the PC side, there were quite a few options.

In the end, I went hardware.

I built a VU metering kit from JLM Audio...and run it across one of the sets of monitor outs of my Mackie Big Knob.

The ready made VU meter options were too expensive, especially here in Australia.

The build was easy, and anyone who has soldered before could do it.

http://www.jlmaudio.com/VU%20Buffer.htm

now, I am platform independant...

:wink:

cheers

Wiz

• 1 year later...
Brainworx is having a sale on their bx_meter which will include a free upgrade to K-metering later down the line. You can bring down the sale price too with some vouchers, based on if you have some of their other products.

Maybe I'm missing something, but A) it doesn't have a VU meter, and B) doesn't add anything new that Logics Multi-meter already has. Again, I might be missing something as I'm judging from the picts only...

edit: ok watched the video and its a very nice plugin.

Edited by JT3_Jon

Brainworx is having a sale on their bx_meter which will include a free upgrade to K-metering later down the line. You can bring down the sale price too with some vouchers, based on if you have some of their other products.

Maybe I'm missing something, but A) it doesn't have a VU meter, and B) doesn't add anything new that Logics Multi-meter already has. Again, I might be missing something as I'm judging from the picts only...

You're right, this is a loudness meter, not a VU. :oops: Intriguing product, nonetheless. Check out their video. It does have mid and side metering and an unusual switchable floating dynamic LED view.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have it? works fine in Logic? If so, I'll include it on the 64-bit compatible plugins list.

sorry no, I just saw it while on another board and remembered that someone here was looking for one.

That's okay, it was a good idea to post your link anyway, since the topic may be found by others, and this is the answer for this topic. So thanks!