Default Save Path

peeb

Guys, firstly forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i haven't been able to find the answer. I know it's bad practice to record to my System drive so i have got myself a second drive and installed it. Is there a way to alter Logic's Default path when i first save my projects. It seems to want to save to my user/music folder and can't figure out how to alter the default. Obviously i can navigate to the second drive from the Save Dialogue box, but just wondered if i could change the default and remove a step from the process. And save me inadvertently recording to the wrong drive by mistake. Thanks in advance

Guys, firstly forgive me if this is a dumb question, but i haven't been able to find the answer. I know it's bad practice to record to my System drive so i have got myself a second drive and installed it. Is there a way to alter Logic's Default path when i first save my projects. It seems to want to save to my user/music folder and can't figure out how to alter the default. Obviously i can navigate to the second drive from the Save Dialogue box, but just wondered if i could change the default and remove a step from the process. And save me inadvertently recording to the wrong drive by mistake. Thanks in advance

What I did was:

1. Copy the Logic folder in the music folder to another drive and then delete the original.

2. Create and alias of the new Logic folder (rename it so it just reads Logic) and drag the alias into the Music folder; Delete the alias on the other drive.

Now it writes to the drive I want it to write to.

• 2 years later...

What I did was:

1. Copy the Logic folder in the music folder to another drive and then delete the original.

2. Create and alias of the new Logic folder (rename it so it just reads Logic) and drag the alias into the Music folder; Delete the alias on the other drive.

Now it writes to the drive I want it to write to.

I set up Logic to save all the project folders on the 2nd internal drive on my imac, but I didn't create an alias on the original drive I just left those folders as is and created identical ones on the second drive. Is it necessary to create an alias and put it on the the main drive in the original spot?