Delete Continuous Controllers

mrjdolman

Hey all,

Quick question. Is there a command for "delete all continuous controllers in selected region," a la Cubase? I usually write in Mod (CC1) and Expression (CC11), and I'd love a way to kill both simultaneously with a single key command. I know I can go into the event list, filter out notes, select all controller data and hit delete, but accomplishing this without so many steps would greatly speed up my workflow.

Let me know!

Jack

Here's the method I use, and it's lightning fast...

First, assign a key command to "select similar events". Then...

1) open the event list

2) select any CC1 in the list, then hold shift and select any CC11 in the list

3) hit the key command for "select similar events" and now all of your CC1's and CC11's will be selected

4) hit delete

The "select similar events" function is also great for selecting other kinds of events too, for deleting or for editing purposes.

Yeah, the "select similar events" function is super convenient, I can't disagree with you there. In fact I use it all the time. I was just hoping for a quick and instant "destroy all CCs." Getting the feeling this isn't possible.

Thanks to both of you for responding!

Jack

• 5 months later...

Wonderful forum!

I was trying to figure out how to change all the 68 controllers to 64 (for a project transferred from Sibelius that uses GPO's notation instruments). A quick search found this post - and it only took me seconds to make the change using "select similar events" :)

Chris

mrjdolman, there is a way you could do something like this. Play in your main part without any controller data. Then record your CC1 and CC11 data to a region in a separate lane. After that it's easy to select and delete these "controller regions" if you don't like the way they turned out. I know this is not the same as what you're after but if you're going to be redoing those CC's performances anyway this might be a good alternative.