Liquid Mix and Snow Leopard

Hi all,

Read a few posts here and there about the focusrite liquid mix not being well behaved under snow leopard. After having just upgraded myself, I can confirm these reports, including the crazy flashing compressor light, but I got things going and I thought I'd share how.

CAVEAT: I'm running a white mac book, core 2 duo, 2gb RAM and Logic 8. All liquid mix firmware and hardware at the latest version. If you're running anything else YMMV.

On first boot, logic attempted to validate all au plugins. It seemed to get stuck on the liquid mix, and in the end gave up. The plugins were showing in the au manager as unvalidated.

All I did was shut down logic, shut down the liquid mix manager, then restart the liquid mix manager followed by logic. My Logic preferences are set to "do nothing" on startup, so at this stage I'm sitting with a menu bar. (Not important unless your last project used the LM and it tries to load a plug in instance - that could be bad.)

Start the au manager, select the Liquid mix stereo au unit and click on "reset and rescan selection". While the gobbledegook flows down the screen in the next window that opens, on the liquid mix hardware hold down "save" "load" and "go back" . The au should immediately validate, at least it did for me.

The hardware buttons force a bus reset, and this seems to do the trick.

Good Luck. If this works for you (or not) please confirm for others, and post your hardware/firmware/logic version so others can benefit.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Slobby for the workaround!

I've just came across this post and it did fix my liquid mix validation issue.

I didn't have to reset the bus, but the rescan from the audio unit manager did the work for me.

My setup includes Snow Leopard 10.6.1 with Logic Pro 9.0.1

Cheers!

p.s

This is my first post in the forum, and I must say it's a well designed and organised source of knowledge (and entertainment...).

keep the good work and most important write some great tunes.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for this - it has immediately sorted out my problem and the Liquid Mix has validated in Logic. My setup is also Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and Logic 9.0.1 with the latest available Liquid Mix Driver. 8)

Yeah me too. Sorted out both mono and stereo instances immediately!! This forum kills, man .... and this is my FIRST post !!

Thanks for this - it has immediately sorted out my problem and the Liquid Mix has validated in Logic. My setup is also Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and Logic 9.0.1 with the latest available Liquid Mix Driver. 8)

Yeah me too. Sorted out both mono and stereo instances immediately!! This forum kills, man .... and this is my FIRST post !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yup. Same problem here. In fact all 3rd party AUs failed validation in 64-bit mode (bunch of NI AUS from Komplete). I was able to retrieve most of them by restarting Logic in 32-bit mode and re-running the AU validation on the complete set. Also got Liquid Mix Mono AU to pass that way but not Liquid Mix stereo.

Unfortunately, LM stereo is in use big time so will continue trying to get it going.

Yeucchhh...

• 2 months later...

i tried the earlier advice about turning off LOGIC and the LIQD mix etc but it didnt help.

went to the FOCUS RITE website and found this. This worked for me.

LOGIC pro 9.11 SNOW LPD 10.63

"Sometimes it is possible for Logic's AU Validation process to cause the Liquid Mix to lose connection to the computer, causing AU Validation to hang and eventually fail.

In some situations, performing a reset of the Liquid Mix hardware (holding down SAVE, LOAD, and GO BACK simultaneously on the unit itself) will cause the unit to reconnect, allowing the AU Validation to complete."

SYD