How to reauthorise Logic9 - Protection Error Issue

stealthcare

Hi

I've installed by mistake the same UPGRADE copy of L9 onto a networked computer. I therefore get this message.

'Protection Error - This application cannot continue because another application with an identical serial number is already running on another computer on your network.'

I have a second upgrade version of L9. Should I appzap the whole lot and start again or is there a clever way to reauthorise like trashing prefs and just re-intalling the basic L9 software (no content)

Any help would be great.

Cheers

The correct file to delete is /Library/Application Support/ProApps/ProAppsSystemID

Trash that, then restart Logic. It will ask you to enter your serial number, and you can put the correct one in there. If you reinstall, you will have the same issue, as it is already authorized.

• 4 months later...
The correct file to delete is /Library/Application Support/ProApps/ProAppsSystemID

Trash that, then restart Logic. It will ask you to enter your serial number, and you can put the correct one in there. If you reinstall, you will have the same issue, as it is already authorized.

hi i am having the same problem only with logic 8. i tried to do the same thing but no luck...

hi i am having the same problem only with logic 8. i tried to do the same thing but no luck...

For Logic Studio 1, the correct file to delete is /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Logic Studio System ID