apple loop not in tempo

display

hello people, long time no see, this could be a bit stupid, but i need to ask, i have this apple loops from mutekki, and when i drag them to the arrange , it does not get into the project tempo, any ideas?????

Logic 9.1.1 on imac

thanx a lot guys

cheers from mexico :)

i have this apple loops from mutekki … it has the good old audio file little icon

I think many of the mutekki loop packages include a folder where the material is already provided in Apple Loop format. If possible, that's the material you should be using, and then you shouldn't have the problem you described.

ok, its the Mutekki.Media.SOR.FX.Revolution.Vol.1. its a multiformat package, it comes in wav, apple loops, rex files etc, i open up the package, i can see several folders: wav, apple loops, rex files, bonus content, etc etc, i go drag the apple loops folder into my loop browser in Logic 9.1.1, then it saves the files in my hard drive, until here everything normal, i have done this with about 20 apple loops packages before, but when i go and select an apple loop from this new package, i does not get into the tempo project

hmmmm, i guess then, this case is closed, im kinda dissapointed, since i get all of my sample libraries with apple loops version for their versatility, anyway, im really thankful for your time and patience mr david, thanx a lot my friend, and also rpm45

thanx guys, see u soon :)

hmmmm, i guess then, this case is closed, im kinda dissapointed, since i get all of my sample libraries with apple loops version for their versatility

It's a little more convenient when the loops are provided to you in Apple Loop format, and that's why I suggested you look for that format, if possible. However, with just a moderate amount of effort you should be able to use one of their other formats, by converting it to Apple Loops yourself. Here are instructions for converting your Mutekki wavs into Apple Loops. You should try this first with a folder of just a few Mutekki wavs, to make sure this procedure works for you.

Open the Apple Loops Utility. Open the Assets Drawer. Drag in a folder of Mutekki wavs. Select them all. Check "Number of Beats." (Edit: Oops, sorry, that's a mistake. Leave "Number of Beats" unchecked.) Select "Looping." Press "Save All." Check "Apply to all." Press "Edit AIFF."

Make sure "Number of Beats" is still checked. (Edit: Oops, sorry, that's a mistake. Leave "Number of Beats" unchecked.) Pick a Genre from the Genre menu (don't skip this step). Press "Save All" again.

Look in your Mutecki folder. You'll see a new folder called "Converted to AIFF." Your new Apple Loops are in here. Drag them into your Arrange window and see if they behave like Apple Loops.

This is a shorter version of a procedure I explained in more detail here.

Edited by 45rpm

One more thing. If you follow the procedure I described, you'll find that some loops play at the wrong tempo (e.g., some will be half time or double time). That's easily fixed. If you want me to explain how, just ask.

(Edit: Oops, sorry. Yes, this problem is easily fixed, but it probably won't happen in the first place if you leave "Number of Beats" unchecked.)

• 4 years later...