AU Pitch fails to Validate.... Causing Varispeed to not wor

dragontheory

I looked around... and figured out the issue with varispeed... on my rig.... 8Core SN leopard... Logic 9... all updates...

A common issue here is Varispeed not working properly... This has been solved in some cases by reauthorizing AU Pitch

So...

This is the message I get when I try to authorize AU Pitch...

If anyone knows a work around.. I would be very grateful!

e.

validating Audio Unit AUPitch by Apple:

AU Validation Tool

Version: 1.6.1a1

Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'tmpt' - 'appl'

Manufacturer String: Apple

AudioUnit name: AUPitch

Component Version: 1.6.0 (0x10600)

* * PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:

COLD:

Time to open AudioUnit: 60.495 ms

WARM:

Time to open AudioUnit: 0.007 ms

ERROR: Component Version mismatch: Res Vers = 0x10600, Comp Vers = 0x10601

FIRST TIME:

Time for initialization: 11.268 ms

* * FAIL

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

validation result: failed validation

I use the standard Disk Utility....

I also use ONYX.....

There seems to be all kinds of issues on my disk lately.. That are unable to be repaired...

Still running solid...

Just not as knowledgeable on the CPU side of things...

I got it to work temporarily last night by opening the AU manager and Repeatedly clicking the little box.... It finally checked ...

Im smart I swear..... Should have seen me take apart my iphone a couple weeks ago...

I was attempting to replace the glass... big mistake...

Apple replaced it for free....

e.

There seems to be all kinds of issues on my disk lately..

How many volumes are mounted? Any drives or partitions other than the startup volume? How are all your drives formatted?

That are unable to be repaired...

Is Disk Utility telling you that it's finding a problem that it can't repair? It's normal that Disk Utility can't repair the startup drive. But it can look for problems there ("Verify Disk"). And if it finds problems, you need to then startup from another volume (e.g., a system DVD) to do the repair. But you should never ignore Disk Utility if it's telling you that there are problems that need to be repaired. The problems will only get bigger.

Repairing permissions for “OSX master”

Warning: SUID file "Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app/Contents/Resources/kcproxy" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "usr/share/derby".

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Dont really know what to make of this alien Language!!!

Dont really know what to make of this alien Language!!!

Oops, sorry, my mistake. I wasn't clear. I mentioned Verify Disk, but I didn't make clear that I was talking specifically about Verify Disk.

Two major features in Disk Utility are Repair Permissions and Verify Disk. The former often generates warnings that can be safely ignored. See this Apple tech note: "Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore."

On the other hand, problems reported by Verify Disk are not safely ignored. So if Verify Disk gives you a clean report, you're fine. I agree with Eric that what you're seeing in Repair Permissions has nothing to do with the problem you reported.

I had the issue with Varispeed not working. It was because I had turned off AUPitch. Varispeed's ability to work is tied directly to that plugin. While my issue was as simple as turning it back on via AU manager, I'm wondering if it would be as simple as someone emailing you a copy of the AU or rather re-installing the plugin from the installer.

Hope it helps in your quest to getting your AUPitch working.

I'm wondering if it would be as simple as someone emailing you a copy of the AU or rather re-installing the plugin from the installer.

I think AUPitch doesn't live on your drive as a separate .component file. Along with a bunch of other Apple AUs, it's hiding inside this file:

Macintosh HD/System/Library/Components/CoreAudio.component

I agree that replacing this file might be a good idea. I can think of several ways of doing this, but I don't know enough about his situation to suggest which method might be best for him.