How to Record a Controller 120 or 123 Message with a pedal?

dr

I have a midi strumming device that doesnt have a palm mute function so notes sustain until the same note is strummed again.

I need to send a Control 120 (all sound off) or 123 message (all notes off) with a value of 127 with a pedal to Logic (and this device) via a pedal connected to one of my midi devices (I am using a kurzweil k2500). This way I can silence the strums as I record simulating a palm mute.

Problem is that I cant get logic to record that message, so I have to record it as sustain and then change it in the event list to 120 or 123 which is not what I am looking for since I need to do this while I record the performance.

Here is an image of what the recorded data looks like in the event list:

http://screencast.com/t/MDdjM2FiY

Is there any way to get logic to record a forced sound or note off command played from a physical controller? How can I send and transform it going into logic so I can hear it in realtime rather than having to fiddle around with the event editor after the fact?

I just need to hear the effect of what I am doing while I am playing and mute the strings with the pedal.

BTW I also tried to do this with a transformer as I figured I would assign this transform object be triggered by a physical controller, i.e my sustain pedal, and transform 64 to 121. It didnt work

Here is a picture of the transformer I tested:

http://screencast.com/t/MzhlOWY4

I am dealing with the same issue. I see the controller data in the transport but it is not effecting the notes that I play while the sequencer is stopped or in record or playback modes. I cannot record the controller data for this controller number in realtime. When I transform to other controller numbers (1,2,3,4, etc) it works fine.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Can someone test this so I know if I am on the right (or wrong) track here.

Thanks

Thanks, I have been having this issue for a while and didnt see that post when I first searched the issue.

It is disappointing to see that is a very old bug in Logic.

Still after trying the workaround I am not sure of the specifics of setting that up as thusfar it is not solving my problem. I will post to that topic and see if there is a response.

Thanks