Logic freezes on launch while searching for Audio Units

ae

Hi

I recently upgraded to 9.1.1 but while launching, Logic freezes while loading my Audio Units. In that state I can still create a new project, but without Core Audio (If I start Logic without Core Audio (holding ctrl on launch), it's fine). I've tried removing the particular troublesome plug-ins one by one and relaunching (usually Waves but sometimes others), but even so it will freeze on a different one...it doesn't matter how many I remove, it happens indefinitely. The only way I've got it to launch normally is to remove the WaveShell component from my plug-ins folder (which basically removes ALL my Waves plug-ins). Obviously, those are fairly essential to me.

It's strange because everything loads up perfectly in my other DAW, Ableton Live 7.0.18.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

According to waves' website only version 7 of their plugs is compatible with Logic 9.1.1. Version 6 is listed as compatible with Logic 9.0.

Both version 6 and 7 of waves are compatible with Live 7.x.

Other things to try though, just in case:

1-Do a permissions repair.

2-Move the audio units cache to the desktop and start Logic again ("com.apple.audio.cache" in your user's Library/Caches folder)

J.

I am suffering from a similar problem. When I open a template with logic's included plugins logic freezes while trying to load the plugins. Even when I load a blank template, it crashes on klopfgeist.

If I try the method above you mention it freezes while trying to finalize the AUGraphicEQ.

Please help!

• 5 months later...