Mac won't see MIDI interface

hbj

I tried all this:

Disk Utility (found a couple volume errors)

The COMBO update and install

Permissions repair (twice)

Reinstall Unitor Driver 2.5

I also tried creating new a configuration, renaming Audio MIDI setup prefs to have it create a fresh prefs file.

Still, all the Audio MIDI setup sees is the IAC Driver and Network. No Unitor.

I tried a MIDISport too, with a fresh driver, and it won't see that either.

I know everything's hooked up right because when I startup off an earlier system on another drive, it sees it fine (and it works in Logic).

What's going on!? Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue, except with USB. I feel that it has something to do with the new Mac OS X 10.6.5 update because I wasn't having problems before. At first I thought my keyboard was broken. But after testing multiple keyboards with multiple USB chords it still won't recognize the keyboards. My audio interface is working just fine. I've repaired my disk permissions multiple times also. I've been working with this studio setup for 3 years and never had an issues until recently. Very strange.

My Setup:

iMac 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo

Mac OS 10.6.5

Logic Pro 9.1.3

MOTU Traveler Audio Interface

Keyboards:

M-Audio Axiom49

M-Audio Oxygen8

Any ideas?

I too have had issues with 10.6.5, I had to switch off and on my MIDIkeyb every 3-4 minutes. Also my typing keyb and mouse and other USB peripherals were acting up, intermittently. I reverted to 10.6.4 via TimeMachine eventually.

BUT, I am running a retail OS X 6 install on a notMac :twisted:, so my config differs. PLUS I had (should've known better :roll: ) updated via Software Update, in stead of the Combo Update.

10.6.5 doesn't seem to have any music- or audiorelated improvements, so I think I can live without it for now...

I too have had issues with 10.6.5, I had to switch off and on my MIDIkeyb every 3-4 minutes. Also my typing keyb and mouse and other USB peripherals were acting up, intermittently. I reverted to 10.6.4 via TimeMachine eventually.

BUT, I am running a retail OS X 6 install on a notMac :twisted:, so my config differs. PLUS I had (should've known better :roll: ) updated via Software Update, in stead of the Combo Update.

10.6.5 doesn't seem to have any music- or audiorelated improvements, so I think I can live without it for now...

Sorry for you guys, but I am glad we can commiserate together. How frustrating they broke that on us.

I haven't had a single problem with this Unitor/AMT setup since I bought it probably a decade ago.

Now it seems the Mac can't do MIDI anymore. :(

Thanks for the advice on reverting to 10.6.4. I guess I'll have to go ahead and do that.

Grrrr....this can't be THAT hard, can it?