Huge Volume jump on Loop's First Beat [SOLVED]

mikhail

Hi there,

I have this small, but very annoying, problem that when i have a loop playing, somehow the volume jumps (about double) on the first beat.

For example,

I have a kick drum playing normal 4/4 rhythm in EXS24 or Kontakt4 in 8bar loop(or whatever lenght...) somehow when the first beat comes, the volume jumps alot. as if it was playing two kick drums instead of one...

Small annoyance but after a while it really tires my ears on big monitors.

Any idea how to counter this problem?

thanks in advance!

• 2 years later...
Hey guys im having the same issue. Im using Logic 9.1.4 I tried the steps you privided but still have the same issue .. I actually tried all cycle settings but its the same on everyone. I noticed in other setting it requires you to apply settings, on the cycle settings i didnt see that. Is there somthing i have to do other than just change the cycle setting?

• 2 years later...

same problem... with an EXS 24 instrument. first chord is WAY louder. no hidden notes, also tried this cycle thing, doesn't fix it.

any ideas?

here's a video of what the channel fader looks like, you can see the massive volume jump on the first note of the phrase (it doesn't happen when the phrase loops though, unlike original poster, only the first time the midi region plays): https://www.dropbox.com/s/85u18frcr807qt4/broken-loud-midi.mov?dl=0

here's a screenshot of the midi in the region, as you can see, no notes are louder than any others: https://www.dropbox.com/s/slencotquxfv06k/Screenshot%202015-11-23%2013.16.17.png?dl=0