What options since no Bounce to Quicktime Movie in 64-bit?

63strat

[EDITED and UPDATED]

Happy New Year!

Here's the quickest way to do this...

1) Print (bounce) your 2-mix. When doing so, make sure that the left locator's SMPTE position is set to the leading edge of whatever frame you're starting to print from. For the most accurate results, use picture's timecode burn as your reference for this and NOT Logic's SMPTE counter. Write down that SMPTE position.

2) Open the movie in QT Pro*. Adjust the left and right "handles" to isolate the scene you're going to add your music too (plus some head and tail if you want). TIP: you can use the letters "I" and "O" to set the left and right handles on-the-fly while the movie is playing.

3) Now use the "Trim To Selection" function to cut the movie down to size. (This will not affect the original file. Read on...)

4) Set the QT movie player's playhead to the SMPTE position you wrote down, using the timecode burn in the picture as your guide. TIP: Use the left/right arrows as needed to get playhead to that exact frame.

5) Open the 2-mix in a new QT player window. Then CMD-A (select all) in that window, then CMD-C (copy)

6) Select the movie window by clicking on the window header and use the "Add to Movie" function (OPT+CMD+V) and...

VOILA! You can now go into QT's "Properties" window and delete the old 'soundtrack' (original dialog, temp music) if necessary.

Finally, save or export under a new name.

* You can't do these operations using QT10. Use QT7 instead.

Edited by ski

Happy New Year Ski!

Thanks, this is the method I've been using, but I guess I was hoping for some other nifty way to still do it within Logic. Maybe with Snap Z Pro, where you can capture on-screen video with audio. QT has this but you can't capture audio and video at the same time.

• 1 year later...