Pre fader issue when muting

discomanukhotmail.co.uk

In Logic Pro 9, say you have a channel strip sending a signal pre fader to an auxiliary channel then the signal should still go to the bus even if you mute it. Thats how it used to work but now if I mute the signal is not sent.

I have even recorded a piece like this but now it wont play, its like logic has changed. I have try'd to initialise but had no joy.

Am I doing it wrong, can anyone help?

• 2 months later...

*push*

Hi there,

I have updated Logic from 9.1.1 to 9.1.3 just a few days ago. After the update I noticed the mentioned behavior and I don't like it either.

I create a cue mix for the musician in the recording room und send all the tracks he needs via the sends. When I mute a track I don't want the track to be muted in the cue mix.

Do you know a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

Its really annoying that you don't have the option of sending when a track is muted. I have the following setup: I use hardware monitoring with my Apogee Ensemble so usually mute the track when recording. I recently thought of a great way to monitor with reverb without printing the reverb and without having to use software monitoring. You plug in a hardware reverb unit (I had a cheapy lying around) into one of the outputs and use a send to that output, then returning from the reverb you plug it into an input again on the ensemble and hardware monitor that. This means the raw audio is going into Logic without latency and reverb and the hardware reverb can be used for monitoring without printing the reverb.

The problem is though that as soon as you mute the track the send is muted too, so you have to pull the fader down everytime you record. I wish ther was an option in the send to enable it even when the track is muted!

Does anybody know of another way to dk this. Switching the output on and off seems a bit cumbersome too imho.

• 8 months later...
This is absurd, I studied audio theory and in every major board Ive worked on the pre-fader always skips the pan/mute buttons... not the 'solo' button, of course. I needed to trigger a compressor with a kick without hearing the kick, and for this a bus is needed. Unfortunately I had to make a duplicate track, remove the output, and then send the track to the dead end buss, to finally chain it to the compressor to trigger the kick. So many dance music producers in logic use this especially in techno and trance, so I hope Apple gets many emails about this since that's the software most EDM producers use.