Re-installing Logic

AMD

Hi guys.

One question if I may: I would like to do a fresh install of the Logic app because it is currently behaving very strangely. Removing prefs etc has made no difference. Can I just reinstall Logic over the exisiting install I have or do I need to uninstall it first?

Thanks.

Hi triplets.

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't even begin to go into the amount of anomalies that have occured over the past 6-8 months or so. Just bizarre behaviours that no one else seems to encounter. I thought that a fresh install might help.

i have a 2nd hard drive so I was tempted to install Lion on it and then install Logic and my plug ins. I just thought that reinstalling Logic on my current hard rive might help seeing as nothing else does.

Can I just reinstall Logic over the exisiting install I have or do I need to uninstall it first?

First, I would exhaust all ways to troubleshoot your odd behaviors besides reinstalling Logic. However it seems that you may already have done that.

Once you're ready to reinstall, think of it as rebuilding a rotten house: do you want to just nail some new drywall on top of the rotting one? That's a waste of your time. Do you tear down the walls and rebuild? That's probably better, but what about the house foundations, are they rotting too? In the end, the absolute best bet is to tear down the whole thing, foundations and all, and rebuild.

Same here. If you're at that point, don't waste your point any further, install OS X on a drive from scratch, then do a brand new install of Logic.