Adding an insert to the top of an existing plugin chain?

JT3_Jon

Hello,

Wondering if there is a way to easily add a plugin to the top insert in a chain, and automatically push down the plugins accordingly.

For example, say I have a guitar track that has a nice plugin chain going (EQ, Compression, Pedal board, Amp Sim, Reverb) all in a row. Now I want to add a plugin to the first insert, and push down all these plugins. Is this possible without having to manually drag each individual plugin down a slot in order to free up the top insert? Also, is the same thing possible if I wanted to add a plugin after the EQ but fore the compression, etc.

Thanks.

Insert your new plug-in in any available insert slot, then drag it to the top of the inserts until you get a yellow line on top of the first plug-in like in the screenshot below. The yellow line indicates you're about to insert a plug-in in between other plug-ins (therefore pushing all plug-ins below one slot down). A yellow frame around a plug-in would indicate you're about to swap the plug-in you're dragging with the one that has the yellow frame.

07-003.png.e44bef4f5ed4ad415dcf67bbf965e01c.png

I probably should have asked this above, but will this move plugin automation as well? Any weirdness with this behavior I should know about?

I've tried it, and so far so good (plugin automation is jumping lanes with the plugins), but wanted to ask to make sure. Thanks!