Can you remove .bip from bounce name settings?

mattsvoice

Thanks for sending the "workflow' but I still don't know what steps are required to get this to work. I'll have to spend more time on it, but for now, let me explain....I have 20 files named sequentially F2001.bip.wav and F2002.bip.wav, up to F20020.bip.wav, etc... I need to remove the .bip from the filename. Is this even possible without doing 1 at a time which will take quite long since I have 75 files..

I have 20 files named sequentially F2001.bip.wav and F2002.bip.wav, up to F20020.bip.wav, etc... I need to remove the .bip from the filename. Is this even possible without doing 1 at a time which will take quite long since I have 75 files..

I use a free app called Name Changer for jobs like this, changing alphanumerically named jpegs etc. etc. Couldn't be easier.

Hey Facepalm,

This site is called Logic Pro Help for a reason...'Help' We all haven't used Automater and are NOT as familiar with it as you are. I followed your instructions and it didn't work...what else can I say? So drop the BIG font and either help or don't bother replying. (nobody's twisting your arm). I've worked on computers long enough to know that 1 little missed step in a sequence, can mess up everything.

Is it possible to remove the .bip extension from the filename when bouncing? For ex. if I name the Track screen 1 and the following Screen 2, I don't want the result to be Screen 1.bip.wav. I want it to simply be Screen 1.wav

Thanks..

Good Morning!

I was looking to do the same thing this morning and found this page:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6193238_change-file-extension-batch-mac.html

I'm running OSX 10.6.8

Automater processed about 50 files in two to three seconds.

It worked for me. I hope this works for you too!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
I'm going out of my way to help. Good night.

Your help wasn't without merit Facepalm!

Your automator workflow works insanely great and is saving my ass as an audio editor who deals with a huge set of audio assets.

Thank you kindly

+Okami

You can change a batch of filenames in the Finder these days. No need to use Automator.

I don't have a Mac at work, so I can't check right now, but I think you select the files, right-click and choose Rename. You then get the option to replace or delete part of the filename.