Forum Planned maintenance [Rescheduled]

Hello all,

The Logic Pro Help forum will be closed for a planned maintenance on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 @ 10pm PST (Thursday, December 15, 2011 @ 6am GMT).

The forum will still be available in read-only mode during the maintenance, but no new posts will be accepted.

We are undergoing a major website redesign including moving the entire site to new servers. Although we foresee the maintenance to take only a few hours, the domain name propagation could take up to 48 hours before you land on the new website when requesting the logicprohelp.com URL.

Thank you for your patience!

[uPDATE Wednesday, 10:18pm PST]

As it stands there are some delays that prevent us from performing the update tonight. Sorry for the false alert. More soon.

Edited by David Nahmani

..and there I was.. thinking you were going to wait until you had made your 40,000th post before celebrating with a re-design! :)

Well I better get posting a LOT between now and wednesday night then!!!! :D

Well, you could always start spamming the forum with senseless, confusing adverts that look like somebody got too drunk and threw up some alphabet soup they ate earlier in the day or that read like somebody showing early symptoms of a stroke, but then the moderators would have to come after you, and they may shut down your account then. But still, it's an idea… :lol:

Will it still be phpBB based or are you converting to MyBB? Or is it mostly cosmetic changes to phpBB?

phpBB - never heard of myBB before. Any advantages over phpBB?

Yes, you can check out the features here:

http://www.mybb.com/features

It's got a conversion system for importing the phpBB database, so unlike switching to Vanilla you don't need a complicated manual conversion of tables.

Though MyBB is quite simple it'll put about a month of work to your schedule due to Murphy's Law ;-)

Though MyBB is quite simple it'll put about a month of work to your schedule due to Murphy's Law ;-)

Oh great. Just what I need. :lol: OK I had a quick look and so far it looks very similar to phpBB except it can be threaded which I don't really like, even if I understand it still offers flat views. Our original forum - that was before it was called Logic Pro Help (it was called the Logic Audio User Forum if anyone remembers) was threaded!

In any case, I'm sure there's much more under the hood so maybe one day when I have more time I should study it more closely. Thanks!

[uPDATE Wednesday, 10:18pm PST]

As it stands there are some delays that prevent us from performing the update tonight. Sorry for the false alert. More soon.

I logged on this morning, and thought, "Hmm, this new site seems quite similar to the old one..." ;)