Problem with Korg Kontrol 49 controller..???

Mo Volans

Hi all...

ok so ive had Logic 2-3 weeks now and im really getting my head round it... i have made my case about bugs and improvments on here and now im getting on with my projects (had two signed so far! ;-)) ...

one thing that is really confusing me is the relationship between Logic and my Korg Kontrol 49. (and my Nord Rack 2)

Basically it works fine with soft synths and i have setup my own templates etc... but when i try to use it with the Nord rack, note info is fine but the modulation and pitch bend wont work, or sometimes will?! i tried taking it ouf native mode.....and plugging it back in etc but no joy, it worked when i did this the other day but seems very random....! just for your info the midi to the nord is going in and out of a presonus firebox ....

is there an easy way to get it working and alos can i stop it loading in native mode when logic starts??? ie...not appearing in the controller itmes? (dave you must have a trick up your sleeve for this!?)

HELP....its annoying me....

thanks

Mo Volans

www.virtualopenair.com

has anyone got one of these and having similar probs or is it just me !?

is there an easy way to get it working and alos can i stop it loading in native mode when logic starts??? ie...not appearing in the controller itmes? (dave you must have a trick up your sleeve for this!?)

If you go to Logic Pro > Preferences... > Control Surfaces ... can you see your MicroKontrol there? If yes, can you delete it and then save that as your new Autoload. Quit Logic. Then move ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.cs to your desktop and relaunch Logic.

See if that does the trick?

Hi and thanks for your reply !

yes i can see the korg kontrol in the controller setup window.... and if i remove it it doesnt seem to make any difference ....and even if i save the song im on it always is picked up by logic on startup (although i havnt tried saving it as the autoload or trashing the prefs (will this not kill all my settings?)

....and re the audio mid setup ive tried with and with out it wired physically on there no difference really (the only app that seems to need it wired is Unisyn but thats a whole nother story!) and to answer your question the Nord is wired to the presonus firebox...in and out. ... have tried it wired to the actual korg kontrol and it just plays all the time wether logic is open or not !!!

thanks for looking into this and hope i can get it sorted ;-)

Mo

ok i tried the thing with deleting the control surface and trashing the control surface prefs and saving this as the startup track (how do i make a template an autoload by the way !?) and it seems to still come back !! not that this is that urgent....

its really the prob with the mod and pitch info not gettin to my nord im concerned about....the funnt thing is itll record controll er info from the nords knobs into logic??? hmmm....

Mo

thats the conclusion i have come to but after playing with the channel settings in logics controller setup i got it to work for 5 mins once but havnt been able to repleat this..... and have everything on the nord switched to recieve?! (only a few simple settings in there)

i suspect the korg.

• 1 month later...

David..

have you had much time to experiment with the Kontrol 49 and its integration with Logic (scene/synth presets, etc...)?

It's very easy to load the appropriate .LSO song and Kontrol 49 Scene, if you want to use ONE of the 'preset' synths (EVB4, D6, EVP88). It's also easy to load up the LogicKorg.lso and use the 49 to do some mixing/Panning ,etc. (I learned alot about Channel Splitter Environement Objects by playing with it today).

HOWEVER: The delema...creating ONE 'autoload' song that takes advantage of all of it!!!

I tried creating a new song, and importing the specific environment object for the b3,d6,and evp). They imported ok, BUT...only ONE of them would let my assign a physical input).

Before I get deeper into what I want to do (and what else I TRIED to do)...do you want do dive into this with me???? This may need to just turn into a 'consulting' gig instead of trying to do this here.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
I am having the same problem with the microkontrol and Logic. When I take the controller out of Native mode, I still cannot control any of the soft synths - even when I load in the preset. Is there a nother place to go on the net where I can get step by step help since Apple doesnt provide free tech support any more?

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I have a Korg MC and have different problems:

1. Modulation wheel doesn't work

THe joystick at Y-axis should work as a mod wheel but Logic doesn't respond. Only x-axis works as a pitch wheel. Is it "me" only?

2. Is there anyway to set up MC's pads works like MPC in Native mode?

I'd like to set my MC as a drum pad by using one of the user pad modes (4~8). I tried to assign it but I can't find how. Can it be done?

Thanks in advance.

Chiao

• 2 months later...

Is there anyway to set up MC's pads works like MPC in Native mode?

I'd like to set my MC as a drum pad by using one of the user pad modes (4~8). I tried to assign it but I can't find how. Can it be done?

Me too. Seems an obvious thing - to trigger drum sounds with pads - but no mention of how (in Native mode) that I've read in manual or other docs.:?:

Dave