Auto cross fade tool Not Working.

Lycan

Aloha Erybody. I am trying to place a fade at the end of a vocal track. I followed the training book. Highlighted what I want faded while using the auto cross-fade tool and nothing happens. Any clue. From you or you or you?

Mahalos,Lycan

Aloha Erybody. I am trying to place a fade at the end of a vocal track. I followed the training book. Highlighted what I want faded while using the auto cross-fade tool and nothing happens. Any clue. From you or you or you?

Mahalos,Lycan

Not sure what the issue is without seeing it.

BTW It does not work on Apple Loops.

The training book was written when 7.0 came out which mistakenly (according to Apple) allowed the fading on Apple Loops. That was "fixed" in 7.0.1.

Edited by Ashermusic

Mahalos,Lycan

In the help menu type Crossfade to find out more.

There are a few ways to fade. I think you will need to drag the mouse beyond the region you are fading since it is a cross fade.

Click in the audio region to open the audio window for that track and look at the FUNCTIONS menu.

or in the main arrange window you can drag the crossfade tool across the region.

Over on the left side of the screen you can see the fade in and fade out sections. You can double click here and type in your values (use large numbers like 5000 to hear a difference).

If you open View and Track automation, you can see the effect.

Give it a try

278576077_Picture5.png.5dba59ce3d5125b592e0f7fdb7dcc5d6.png

151043794_Picture4.png.aa1be643dc41befeacadbca18e475635.png

1700904493_Picture3.png.c1a0f8b55934c28d89ec54edb41e4b39.png