which Digidesign interfaces work best with Logic Pro ?

None at all. I mean, they will work, but certainly not "best". Pretty much anything else will give you better results with Logic!

The only good reason to get those is if you really need Pro Tools.

well iam hearing that people are happy with there 002 or mboxes in Logic, average sound quality etc.

I was tryint to decide on Saphire or Konnect 8 as another cheaper option., and i thought the mbox 2 would be nice to have as a second little pro tools set uip as well.

Mbox and 00x families do not have a "control room" type feature, such as Cue Mix with MOTU and RME's equiv., etc. 003 is supposed to have better guts.

M-Audio will get you PT MP, and the M-Audio ones have a "control room routing" type thingy to do direct (non-software internal) routing, if desired, same as MOTU, RME, etc.

If you need to have PT use, M-Audio might be a decent idea, as you could go with something less expensive but with expansion capabilities (via digital I/O) with better ADC and DAC as you can afford it.

Otherwise, as others have said, look elsewhere. Metric Halo, RME, and MOTU seem to be popular picks. I would probably go Metric Halo or RME with a ~$1-1.5k budget, PCIe first, firwire next.

As an alternative you might consider this:

I have a Presonus Eureka channel strip with optical outs going digitally into my G5. I go optical out of my G5 into my stereo where I monitor in LR w/ sub. I have no need for a firewire, usb or PCI interface to run Logic.

As an alternative you might consider this:

I have a Presonus Eureka channel strip with optical outs going digitally into my G5. I go optical out of my G5 into my stereo where I monitor in LR w/ sub. I have no need for a firewire, usb or PCI interface to run Logic.

I need this for a macbook or imac and to also consider using Pro Tools on a second machine.

To note here also; Pro Tools Le allows you to import and edit video like audio while M-Powered only imports it as a floating window, allot like Live and Logic which does not let you edit it.

Do you guys think that M-Audio (Project Mix) is decent and stands well against the other Digi compatible junk?

I have visited countless students trying to use PTLE interfaces with Logic. The Digidesign Core Audio drivers are a joke. If the quality of those interfaces is not the best, the quality of their drivers (at least the ones you use with Logic) is certainly the worst.

Why not buy a great quality interface that comes with great quality drivers? RME, Metric Halo...

Seriously, I recommend you save yourself a headache. You'll save on consulting fees, time spent on this forum trying to make it work.. and will be able to focus on the music.

I have visited countless students trying to use PTLE interfaces with Logic. The Digidesign Core Audio drivers are a joke. If the quality of those interfaces is not the best, the quality of their drivers (at least the ones you use with Logic) is certainly the worst.

Why not buy a great quality interface that comes with great quality drivers? RME, Metric Halo...

Seriously, I recommend you save yourself a headache. You'll save on consulting fees, time spent on this forum trying to make it work.. and will be able to focus on the music.

Hi Dave

I had horrible experiences with a M-Audio Ozone keyboard in the past and using Pro Tools M-Powered, in cunt-junk-tion.,

I used to force quit the Coreaudiod in the Activity Monitor in order to not risk CPU freezes from rebooting the Ozone manually. This blew me away, i finally could hear audio again while still having Pro Tools or Logic open, and did not even get the error that the device lost communication!, just the wrong bit rate resolution, audio seemed to play back faster., which says something about limits to 16bt.

I wish they at-least told me this, but of-course we all know digi does not want everyone to find out that they mess with there drivers in order to make there HD systems smell like roses.

I wish they at-least told me this, but of-course we all know digi does not want everyone to find out that they mess with there drivers in order to make there HD systems smell like roses.

Wow, I was just with my mind-reading tarot-card wielding grandmother...and she told me otherwise... I really must get a different speculative source...

;)

PS : Still using Logic Pro with a digi002R...since version 6. And smiling.

Cheers

Wow, I was just with my mind-reading tarot-card wielding grandmother...and she told me otherwise... I really must get a different speculative source...

;)

PS : Still using Logic Pro with a digi002R...since version 6. And smiling.

Cheers

Speculating, i also own a Mix plus 24 ;)

But i hear the same from every 002R user, no issues at all with logic, the rest of digi junk just has the same problems mentioned above.

I’ve had the Digi001 ever since it first came out and I had no problem with it until OSX came out and the discontinued support for the Digi001. I was in a battle with myself whether to upgrade to an Apogee Ensemble or a Digi002. I needed compatibility with major studios, co-musician partners and clients. It took me a while to make my decision.

I now have the Digi003 and have no problem with it so far. I have not mix on it yet, but I can play my old mixes with no problem. I will start mixing when I get my 8-core Mac Pro and post my experience then.

I use logic pro with an Mbox2 right now and have no problems, except for the shitty pre's.

I am willing to spend 300-700 dollars on a new interface, any suggestions?

I totaly trust Dave's advise here 100 percent, RME makes awsome interfaces, guess we all have to pay a little more to have something so we move on to been creative rather beta testers...But over $1000?

I need Pro Tools on a portable set up and digi knows how to realy screw up the idea of using anything else besides there digi junk.

BassBottom, the Digi 003 does not suport Final Cut Studio, only audio functions work.