question about making music to an imported movie

donnie darko

hi there,

ive imported a computer game clip into logic via the 'video global track' it has sound effects but i wanted to put some music to it. the thing is, i've set the tempo, but i'd like the movie to try and match up to the beats/bars etc is this actually possible? because at the moment i'm having to start, say a 4 beat loop, out of time with my tempo.

if you look at the attachment it shows where the scene 2 maker doesn't start at the bar.

thanks for any advice i would really appreciate it.

don

screenshot.jpg.c63c7a8ecbaf4737d6187eda55e83598.jpg

Let me know if you still need help after reading the linked threads!

david, i need help lol ok that second thread was useful, the only problem is once i dragged the marker to the beat map, it changes the tempo from 128 (which was the speed i wanted to music to be) to 120.5 any ideas?

You need to set a beat (click it to "map it to itself") right before the beat you're about to map. Always map from left to right so. When mapping a beat, Logic will calculate a new tempo from the previously set or mapped beat.

eg if you want a tempo change on Bar 56, first click Bar 55 then map bar 56. That will create a "buffer tempo zone" in between 55 and 56, but 1 through 55 will be protected.

You need to set a beat (click it to "map it to itself") right before the beat you're about to map. Always map from left to right so. When mapping a beat, Logic will calculate a new tempo from the previously set or mapped beat.

eg if you want a tempo change on Bar 56, first click Bar 55 then map bar 56. That will create a "buffer tempo zone" in between 55 and 56, but 1 through 55 will be protected.

excellent i've done it. i wanted bar 4 to be start of the scene so put a node on bar 3 and then beat mapped the start of the film to bar 4, but it deleted the node and it still changed it to 120.5

so i just put a node on bar 4 and then beat mapped to the same bar and it seemed to work. thanks for the help!

Don't "put a node", set your beat (click on it in the beat mapping track)! Reread my previous post and follow my exact instructions, otherwise you're in for more trouble down the road.

When working with beat mapping, don't create tempo changes in the tempo track without first mapping that beat, otherwise all your tempo changes will be deleted the next time you map a beat.

sorry i must be really thick. what do u mean by 'set your beat'? as i want the tempo to be at 128 at bar 4, are you saying i should join the lines in the beat mapping track at bar 3 so it create this buffer zone? i tried this then beat mapped the scene to bar 4 and the tempo went down to 107 or someting.