Opening Cubase files in Logic?

Danny Pepperseed

Today I worked at a studio that only had Cubase 4, while my own DAW is Logic. I recorded various vocals over stereo instrumentals, but all have recorded in one Cubase session/project. All files have been to one archive folder including a midi-file. The studio's engineer told me that when I open the midi-file in Logic, all audio should be imported like how it was saved in Cubase. I tried this in my own studio, but unfortuntely it doesn't work like that.

Is the engineer right or is it impossible to open/import Cubase sessions/projects in Logic? I tried to find more info on this forum and the Logic manual, but couldn't find a solution to my problem.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have to mixdown the separate tracks and send them to various parties.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

i don't know if there are any threads about this somewhere on this forum, but i once tried exporting OMF with Cubase but once i imported the file into Logic it didn't work.

is there a bug here or did i do something wrong??

Justin and Simon thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the OMF-file I got from the studio didn't work out properly. The data was there, but its locations were not correct. I could find out what's causing this, so it might be a bug as wip says.

In the end I distributed all different audio files to each party along with the original Cubase project files, so they can at least open their own songs within Cubase. Since it is only vocals over a stereo instrumental track, I will reconstruct my own songs in Logic.

Danny