Logic 8 announcement?

To be honest, I don't really care.

I've given up chasing the next big thing, and Logic currently ticks all boxes.

I don't have any issues, and any minor functionality thats missing I can do without.

Many of the people waiting for v8 are the pirate mob hoping it will be dongle-less and cracked quickly.

The sort of people who load rip-off versions of Logic, Cubase, Ableton etc etc on their machines, then trawl the boards dissing them and whining that they're not stable.

Anyway, it will take 2-3 years and several updates before v8 becomes fully stable anyhow, so I'll let all the keen-as-mustard early adopters take the heat on that one.

Can someone please append a question mark to the end of this thread's subject?

Aren't there about 20 other "Logic 8" threads already?

Sorry to be so grumpy. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football every time I click on one of these threads. I know Lucy's going to pull it away again at the last minute, but she seems so reassuring this time. Uuuuugh!

Well, Logic Pro 7.2 is on backorder at Musician's Friend and zZounds

Yes, and a quick search of other online retailers shows either "out of stock" or "Availability: 18 days", etc...

Maybe Apple's new DAW is getting close...?

That's it. I can't possibly get any more work done in LP 7.2 - I give up. It's too buggy, or unstable, or whatever the general consensus is right now. No more music for me until Apple takes the wraps off this supposed OMG PT Killer app. I simply cannot work like this any longer.

:lol:

Just kidding! I'm actually too busy with a web project and I won't be able to think about touching my stuff (STUDIO stuff, get your minds out of the gutter!) until at least the beginning of September. *IF* by some odd chance there is a new DAW offering from Apple at that time I just might think about giving it a try. Maybe.... :wink:

Oh yeah - I loved that episode! Second only to the one where the aliens were buried under the North Pole. Also - the French Guy - (as if that is his real name!!) - is AKA - the fuggin' Cigarette Smoking Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tellin' ya: this goes all the way to the top, baby!

:shock:

Last line in the In the Product Info section...

Product Details

Product Dimensions: 10 pounds

Shipping Weight: 6.4 pounds

Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.

ASIN: B000EHS6GY

Item model number: MA328Z/A

Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001

Average Customer Review: based on 1 review. (Write a review.)

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #874 in Software (See Bestsellers in Software)

Popular in these categories:

#2 in Software > Video & Music > Digital Audio > Music Creation & Sequencing

#4 in Software > Video & Music > Music Notation

#6 in Software > Video & Music > Digital Audio > Sound Libraries

Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes

where on amazon does it say discontinued by manufacturer? i cant see it?

I can't too.

Amazon has Logic 7.2 in stock and ready to ship.

I don't think will see Logic 8 before the release of Leopard.

Personally I think if Logic 8 exists at all, it will be released any time next year.

Well it does say Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes at the bottom of the Product detail. They still have some copies in stock and are shipping them, which isn't contradictory with the fact that the manufacturer has discontinued it (apparently).

Meanwhile, the Apple store still ships Logic, which seems contradictory with Apple discontinuing it.

Well it does say Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes at the bottom of the Product detail. They still have some copies in stock and are shipping them, which isn't contradictory with the fact that the manufacturer has discontinued it (apparently).

Meanwhile, the Apple store still ships Logic, which seems contradictory with Apple discontinuing it.

Ah sorry..thats'right.

Now I see.

Well... if Amazon is not wrong this may signify something then...

:?:

1526107503_Picture1.png.903a723f7ef03b10343b2d3ccafb10dc.png