Logic Pro 8 Screenshots

David Nahmani

Midi performance comping screen shots, and the new controller/control surface interface.

The new I/O plugin?

Oh and I'm a huge Roots fan and I read they included a sample project from the band. Can we see it too? (I can probably wait till my copy arrives tomorrow or Friday though.)

And while this isn't a screenshot question, can you clear up what the other two circuits (Classic A_U, Classic A_R) are in the compressor plug? The Logic Pro 8 Plugin Manual doesn't seem to be available.

Edited by yoink

Midi performance comping screen shots, and the new controller/control surface interface.

You can't comp MIDI performance, although you can pack them in take folders and easily switch from one take to another. The i/o plug-in is the same.

On MIDI Comping, take folders is good enough since copy and pasting MIDI events is so simple.

As for the I/O plugin, how does Apple plan on dealing with latencies to and from external hardware or is that still controlled by recording delay?

(Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Delete what you feel is unnecessary!)

And really THANKS AGAIN for all of this. It's a great little (big) Logic universe David.

Edited by yoink

Looks great!!

How about the colours on your regions - did you assign the pretty colours to tracks / regions or does it make a good stab at automaticlly assigning colours to tracks / regions? Reason I ask is that they look similar to the screenshots at Apple.com with the gradual changing of colours on adjacent tracks.

Also, do you know how well it behaves on dual screen setups?

I'd love to see what dual channel strips do when you have a midi instrument selected (e.g. in a multi-instrument for kontakt, etc).

The second one displays the master fader.

Darn. It should be customizable, allowing users to select the 2nd strip they wanted to see....Sad I am. I guess they forgot about those of use who do 99.99% midi compositions using multi-instruments? :(

Thank you very much for the reply and posts David! Its much appreciated!!