There's an Xbox on the table?

Wow!

I have had an XBox 360 for...wow...a long time now. Never been online with it, but have the cable plugged in. Supposed to grab PGR4 today (if I am well enough to roll outside). Not much for FPS on console (old Quake 3+mods player on PC...some things are hard to abandon ;) ). Would love to do some racing online...never tried. Wish there was a good SSX for the 360... (I wish the original 1080 had been prted from N64..)

Also have a Wii. My better-half has been online with it, and friends come over and do the map thing and weather with it all the time.

Wish I had more time for gaming.... :(

Big PGR3 fan, myself. As for getting online: you wont regret racing with PGR online, I can assure you! I have never been a big online gamer, then just dedcided to try PGR3 .... BOOM!! I fell in love with it. The next thing I tried was Splinter Cell, then Gears Of War.

Like you, though - I have not been a fan of FPS' .... until the two above mentioned games! I just rented Halo 3 (not a fan of the Halo series because of my dislike for FPS), and I gotta say that I kinda like it ... so far!

Having just got a 360 I have a whopping library:

Quake 4

Other than that I have a few original Xbox games that nobody plays anymore - except Halo 2.

I also have the Wii, but haven't played much other than Wii Sports. I bought it thinking that Smash bros would be out by now.

love this thread. i wonder if there is a connection between music and gamers.

I had to give up video games because I became addicted to PGR2 online. i never got anything done, so i quit cold turkey, and now I only allow myself a few guilty pleasures every now and then.

1. every halloween it's my tradition to play Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

and since last year I added on Resident Evil 4 to that. amazing games and they get me in the mood for halloween.

2. I will always play any final fantasy that comes out.

other than that, some notable games:

1. Ninja Gaiden for xbox- also ruined my life

2. Super Smash Bros. melee- can't wait to see the new one.

3. Gran Turismo- i love racing games, this was the first "real" one for me

No one has come up with a better FPS since Goldeneye for N64. Halo comes close, but I haven't played anything that had the magic of gunning down odd-job with double DD44 Dostovei. or maybe a silenced PP7

http://www.gaming-age.com/reviews/archive/old_reviews/n64/goldeneye/2.jpg

I feel so pathetic though. I have neither a Wii, Playstation, or Xbox 360.

always end up buying a plug-in or guitar or keyboard. *sigh*

may have to get one soon though.

i wonder if there is a connection between music and gamers

Maybe. But I also know that I don't watch nearly as much TV as some people.

If you like FF games, and the music, you might want to check out OC Remix's latest project: http://ff7.ocremix.org/

The Half-Life Orange Box comes out today…having never played H2 maybe I'll disappear for the next month.

• 2 months later...
Having just got a 360 I have a whopping library:

Quake 4

Other than that I have a few original Xbox games that nobody plays anymore - except Halo 2.

I also have the Wii, but haven't played much other than Wii Sports. I bought it thinking that Smash bros would be out by now.

Feb 10th my friend! In the meantime, I highly suggest Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime.

Thread comes back from the dead!

Here's something for you Xbox Nerds. Figure out what it's from and you get 10 Microsoft points*!

*10 Microsoft Points = Less than nothing

Always up for worthless points! That's the Halo theme, sir.

Oh, and to sayanex, I think you should check out either Timesplitters 2, or Timesplitters: Future Perfect, if you're looking for that Goldeneye feeling.

Edited by biff_larken

Ok, here's something a little more difficult that only old skool gamers will get.

If you can get it down to the "stage" you get even more nerd points.

EDIT: My inexperience with the score editor is showing. I couldn't figure out how to get the staff to split at the A#.

1921797882_Picture1.png.b20858a51c6454a530dc7e0adbcf83c0.png

• 1 month later...