Possible to turn off an AUDIO channels midi channel input?

logicpunk

I am recording my Moog little Phatty which sends out midi controller data when turning it's knobs. While adjusting the Oscillator knob the Phatty sends controller #9 causing the audio channel in Logic to mute.

One workaround is to make sure I do not have the audio channel selected in Logic when tweaking the Phatty. It would be great if I could just turn the midi channel on the audio channel off but I do not see this as an option in the midi channel drop down menu.

Is this possible?

Thanks alot. I can see how that would come in handy. I'd actually like to keep the option of being able to record that data onto a midi track however.

Seems odd that there wouldn't be an option for turning midi off on an audio channel!

(Super cool of you to include a screen shot by the way!)

No problem. Wish I could help more.

What if you were to set your audio track to receive from a midi channel that your Phatty isn't transmitting from? So, make sure the Phatty has its global channel set to 1 and the audio track is set to 2 or something like that??? I'm not sure if this would do it or not. Just a thought.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Well, how about this? What if you were to cable the transformer I put together above only to the Audio Object in the environment? Would that do it?

I'll try that. If it works, I'll just have to build a template with that transformer pre-wired to all audio objects.

Thanks for the help.