Logic Book (free video sample)

David Nahmani

EDIT: To see the current version of this book, go to https://www.logicprohelp.com/logic-pro-x-book/

Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8 (Apple Pro Training)

by David Nahmani

:D :D :D

Amazon link

Here is a video where I introduce the book, then go into demonstrating an example of the exercises in the book.

Click on the image below to see the video.

{video no longer available}

ShowCover.jpeg.25018ce4e8ca9488d702e549d5c85bac.jpeg

Edited by David Nahmani

With no offense to David (who we already know is awesome just for running this site!!!) can someone post an honest review of the book? I read and returned the first in the Logic7 series because it was just too simple. I really enjoyed the Advanced book, but part 1 was a waste of time.

Is that the case here as well?

-Mike

Congrats Dave!

Just ordered at Peachpit! Got a nice 'first time buy' 35% reduction :)

Now what do we have to do to get that discount? I didn't see a first time offer anywhere on the Peachpit site.

I'm getting ready to cancel my Amazon "pre-order." Now they say it won't ship till mid-January!

Now what do we have to do to get that discount? I didn't see a first time offer anywhere on the Peachpit site.

I'm getting ready to cancel my Amazon "pre-order." Now they say it won't ship till mid-January!

You'll get a mail with a coupon code after registraion at Peachpit, that code needs to be entered during the order and you'll get the discount :D

Got my book today with Fedex, looks good! Will have some reading to do this weekend!

So shipment to the Netherlands was quick enough and the discount covered the shipment costs.

I really enjoyed the Advanced book, but part 1 was a waste of time. Is that the case here as well?

-Mike

I think, as with any 101 Level book, anyone who's use the product for a while already will find it 'too simple'. That's what Advanced Books are for. 101 books are for learining the basics.

I'm already Logic 7 Certified Level 2, but I'm backstepping and 'relearning' L8. I'm only thru a few chapters of Dave's book, and I've already learned a thing or two, and rethought some workflow. And 'unlearning' some old L7 bad habits :)

it's all about what you get out of the learning, as much as it is what you put into it.

getting my book on Friday and looking forward to it.. I'm mostly a 101 neophyte but have gotten closer to being intermediate lately.. hoping this book will move me closer to the deep end like most of you guys.

BTW Dave: checked out your Helldogmusic site and pretty awesome stuff.. want to get to that level myself someday soon.

My findings so far (after going through the book for an hour or so) is that there are a lot of very basic things that most of us already know, but as Dave also said that's to be expected in a 101 book. But also saw a lot of practical tips and tricks that are so important for a fast workflow in Logic and making the books worth it's value. So I'll go through the lessons in the book the next few weeks, more fun as sitting under the Christmas tree :)

Just to clarify. I've already bought OUR David's book and I'm enjoying it very much. However, as people have pointed out, a lot of it is very familiar.

If I also buy the OTHER David's book (http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321502884) is this one more advanced - or still rather basic?

I want some genius tips I haven't read elsewhere!

PS: this is not to say that David's book is anything but brilliant - and I am very glad to own it.

So I just got dave's book in the mail yesterday. I've been using logic daily for the last three years so I feel like i know the program pretty well. In the first two pages I have already learned several cool shortcuts. The first few chapters seem to be geared towards people just getting their feet wet but, at the same time they all have good real world applications and show good technique and work flow. Scanning towards the end of the book there seems to be a lot more advanced sections. I have to say that this book is going to be a great learning tool both for me (a fairly advanced user) and will be indespensible for anyone just getting into this program. It feels much more digestible than the manual and more about making music than I've seen in many of the tutorials I've watched about logic.

I have to say that the teaching style and the focus on real world applications makes this book one of the most effective teaching tools for learning a DAW. I'm blown away by how many things in this book I already know thanks to reading practically everyone of Dave's (and others) posts on this site and still surprised by how many cool workflow and techniques improvements I have already seen in the first few chapters. You can really tell that Dave used the input from this site and his workshops to write a book geared toward the producer/ musician/ engineer not the software geek. Can't thank you enough dave, with each tip and hint I learn you make it easier to focus on producing music.

Bless

Dave