REX loops load, then don't load, then load...

emilenitrate

Ok, I had been trying to advise folks who were having problems getting REX loops into Logic 8 because it was working so well for me, but now I've developed problems myself and I'll share what I've found out. Maybe we'll get to the bottom of this soon. I wasn't having any trouble until I put together a new "autoloader" template. The REX loops wouldn't load into that project (file not recognized alert). I've found that if I restart my Mac and open Logic with a project file that already has REX loops in it's audio bin, I'll have no trouble continuing to open them in new projects. If I do the opposite, I will not be able to import REX loops into my preexisting projects without a restart. I think this has something to do with the Audio Files and ReCycle Audio folders that are in the project folder. I thought perhaps it would work as long as I placed a dummy REX loop into each of those folders as primer but that isn't the case. Oh well, it seemed like it would work. If anybody looks into this and finds out anything else, please post the results. If you're having difficultly importing REX loops, restart and then open Logic with a file that already has opened a REX loop. - Emile