Problems with Tape Delay

benfraser

I've been using Logic 6 pro for many years, until recently upgrading to Logic 8. I have been dismayed to discover that I'm still having problems with the Tape Delay plug-in in Logic 8:

It randomly starts dropping out...a sound will delay maybe 5 times before stopping for a few seconds, and then carrying on, but often out of time. It only seems to do this on the first piece of audio it delays on a particular channel, so I get around it by placing an extra piece of audio before the one I'm delaying and automating the volume and feedback right down. Obviously this is quite annoying amd time consuming....Anyone come across this similar issue, and any ideas how to solve it???

Thanks! Ben

Anyone else able to help?

I refuse to believe I have to conitnue dealing with this issue repeatedly even in my new version of Logic 8 on a new MacBook Pro!

Someone at work suggested inserting a small silent audio file before a delay, but this does not work...