ultrabeat trouble

quintessence_01

Im having trouble loading samples in logic 7's ultrabeat. Its probably a really little problem. i just dont know how its done. ive tried dragging them across, from say, my desktop. that works, but the drum samples just layer, and become distorted and no longer sound like drums. um.... can any one help with my problems.

:?:

Ultrabeat is not just a sample player, so make sure the sample's sound can pass unaffected to the output. Turn off all modulations for oscillator 2, Turn off the other oscillator and the noise generator, bypass the filter/distortion unit, make the output envelope's (ENV 4) attack short and the decay/release long enough, turn off the equalizer...

exactly what i was thinking. Also, what the other dude mentioned, is this going to work... i cant see why theres so much involved to just have my own samples in ultrabeat. the factory kits are poo... i have nice clean drum samples i wanna use. once i get this little problem of mine out of the way i can start making tracks.

Also while im here writing this, maybe some one can tell me about the cycle in the arrangement page, can u have a cycle, or loop going, say 4 bars, and record past that... ? while the loops still going, so like an independent loop while other stuffs going on around it. because i can write my drum loops so much easier in the arrangment than in ultrabeat. or maybe i could save the drum loop as an audio file. and then re-import it, so look that. if i make sense.