Can someone make one of these for Logic?

adavis

Thanks for response,

Maybe I could have made myself a little more clear. What I would like to do instead of buying one of those logic skins for my keyboard is make one of charts like the cubase one and make it a desktop picture. Then if I needed to find a keycomand I could go quickly go to desktop and back again to logic. I have the Cubase picture as a desktop on my pc and it helps a lot.

Thanks,

adavis

I recommend getting a copy of David's book and photocopying Appendix B. Then hang the sheets above your computer monitor.

David's organization is directly linked to specific areas and their tasks. For example, Automation, or Zooming, or Channel strips.

I find it elegant and practical. It gets right to the heart of what one actually does. I think it is a great tool for learning and naturalizing the use of key commands.

The desktop idea is cool.

Maybe you should be using Cubase.

Thanks for your response and I do use it. A friend and writing partner of mine uses Cubase so I have it too. It makes things easier when sending things back an forth. I just thought it would be cool to have a picture of a keyboard with logic's key commands as my default desk top that I could refer to when needed like I have on my pc.

adavis

Maybe you can get an actual keyboard overlay, I know they have them for PT...?

I copied the commands into a text document, and then printed it up. I took a highlighter and went thru the list highlighting commands that I used often (there's a lot in there, and nobody really uses all of it). I put it on my desk next to the console. When I forgot or didn't know a key command, I looked it up. I found that, very soon, I held the ones I needed in my head.

Cos key commands are only really time savers if you have them in your head. By the time you can look them up, you could have gone to the appropriate menu and executed the command that way.

I know you're probably just looking for an easier way thru this learning process...

Just made this today. Do comment..cheers.

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks davidgary for your time and effort. How do you do do some thing like this if you don't mind me asking? Like I said earlier, I would make one If I knew how. Also, do you how I would go about changing this into a graphic so I could use it as a desktop picture?

Thanks again,

adavis

Also, do you how I would go about changing this into a graphic so I could use it as a desktop picture?

Thanks again,

adavis

Sorry, I posted before I got to the bottom and saw the file.

adavis

Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks davidgary for your time and effort. How do you do do some thing like this if you don't mind me asking? Like I said earlier, I would make one If I knew how. Also, do you how I would go about changing this into a graphic so I could use it as a desktop picture?

Thanks again,

adavis

Hey Adavis,

I wrote all the KC on simple text. Most of the KC are from both Logic Pro 8 (David Nahmani and David Drovin) book.

Then i use Mac OSX Keynote program and create a slide at 1680x1050 size. Copy the KC into Keynote and export it as jpg. I have it as my desktop picture for fast KC reference.

Cheers

Thanks again,

adavis

Hey Adavis,

I wrote all the KC on simple text. Most of the KC are from both Logic Pro 8 (David Nahmani and David Drovin) book.

Then i use Mac OSX Keynote program and create a slide at 1680x1050 size. Copy the KC into Keynote and export it as jpg. I have it as my desktop picture for fast KC reference.

Cheers

davidgary,

I just sent you a pm but you pretty much answered my question here. I checked out your website, you're a very talented fellow. Do you think the 1680x1050 size would fit ok on my 20in imac?

adavis

Thanks again,

adavis

Hey Adavis,

Cheers

davidgary,

I just sent you a pm but you pretty much answered my question here. I checked out your website, you're a very talented fellow. Do you think the 1680x1050 size would fit ok on my 20in imac?

adavis

Thanks mate. The 1680x1050 should do fine. I'm using it on a 19" ViewSonic Widescreen monitor.

Btw, i have attached the keynote file for you and everyone to change or modify it's content.

Cheers

David

Key Command.key.zip

Thanks again,

adavis

Hey Adavis,

Cheers

davidgary,

adavis

Thanks mate. The 1680x1050 should do fine. I'm using it on a 19" ViewSonic Widescreen monitor.

Btw, i have attached the keynote file for you and everyone to change or modify it's content.

Cheers

David

All I can say is thanks again. This is very much appreciated. I've never used Keynote b4. I think I have a trial version of it on my imac I got last year as a part of iwork. BTW, what time is it in your part of the world?

adavis

Maybe you should be using Cubase.

"I liked that dress Susan was wearing tonight"

Wife = "Maybe you should marry Susan".

Hahaha...

So much of this forum seems to be people comparing 'their wives' to 'Susan'...

I was simply pointing out that if Susan has the features you want, why are you with your wife?

Obviously, you would say that your wife has other features that you like better than Susan's, and that you are comfortable with your decision.

My answer would then be that you should stop complaining about what your wife can't do that Susan can, and how you have to do things differently with your wife than you did with Susan...

Great analogy, man.

However, changing DAWs is much harder than changing wives.

Although usually cheaper. Unless it's Protools...

Is it me or does it say "pick up color" where it should say "pick up clock".

and why is that in the mixing section???

Dont get me wrong what you've done is great just thought I'd let you know about what could just be typos.

David,

davidgary was nice enough to also include the file template so anyone could modify the picture to their own needs. You do need iwork 08 to open it, but it's a free 30 day trial on Apple's site. I'm very happy with it although I will also make some changes to make it fit more with my way of working. It's really cool to be working in Logic and hit the F11 key, go to my desktop key commands get what I'm looking for and back to Logic again.

Thanks again davidgary,

adavis

Is it me or does it say "pick up color" where it should say "pick up clock".

and why is that in the mixing section???

Dont get me wrong what you've done is great just thought I'd let you know about what could just be typos.

Thanks Davidpye,

Sorry for the mistake. Will do the revision and will have the "pick up clock" at channel strip,track and region operations function.

I have updated the picture and also uploaded the revised key command.jpg.zip file.

Cheers

Edited by davidgary73

• 4 years later...