Drum Replacement

dtess

How are folks doing this in Logic? I use audio to score and I thought I saw a way to make all the midi notes the same pitch on the new midi region but unfortunately I can't find it now. I know there has to be a cool way to do this in Logic. Any ideas?

thanks,

dave

Thanks, David I still feel like a total newbie in Logic but am slowly getting more comfortable.

Do you have any workflow tricks for doing this sort of thing. Coming from DP I use to use the trigger plugin and had some battery kits with only snares, kicks or toms to use for whatever came up. I probably should take the time to load samples in Ultrabeat I'm sure it would speed things up a fair bit.

dave

One workflow tip: if you can't get Audio to Score to give you precise position of the attacks of a drum region, then make a copy of the region, then convert the region to a new audio file (to leave the original intact). That new audio file is the one you'll use to make Audio to Score work.

Open that file in the Sample Editor and choose Functions > Change Gain, raise the gain as much as possible. Do it a few time if needed.