Bounce - Start/End Position

BCProject

Also make sure you song start is never before 1 1 1 1, that creates all sorts of little annoying problems in Logic.

Suppose for the sake of discussion that I have a song that does start before 1 1 1 1 -in order to rectify this situation I would...select all and move all regions w/automtion forward a measure or so then re-adjust all markers etc...yeah?

Also make sure you song start is never before 1 1 1 1, that creates all sorts of little annoying problems in Logic.

Suppose for the sake of discussion that I have a song that does start before 1 1 1 1 -in order to rectify this situation I would...select all and move all regions w/automtion forward a measure or so then re-adjust all markers etc...yeah?

Might as well open your global tracks, and make sure you select all markers, tempo events, whatever you have in there:

1) Command-A to select all regions

2) Shift-click each global track's header

3) Move and choose to move the automation along

I don't know about Logic 8, but in Logic 7 the bounce starts by default where you leave the SPL (playhead). And ends wherever the song end position is. Though I always seem to find it easiest to just type it into the bounce window anyway. ::shrug::

What? no... that must have been another DAW you're thinking of. Bounce range behavior was the same in Logic 7, and SPL position never mattered.

Any insights into what gets pre-populated into the bounce start-end positions? Mine always seem to be something fairly random i.e. 12 3 1 45 and 103 34 1 1

or similar.

It is *never* the start & end marker position locations.

Did you read the manual as I suggested? It should explain it. Marquee selection can also be considered a selection.

Here's the part David mentioned:

Defining the Bounce Range

Before bouncing, it is best to define a range of your project that you would like to

bounce.

The default values for the Start and End position fields in the Bounce window will

encompass the entire Logic Pro project if no regions are selected, or the Cycle function

is inactive.

• If the Cycle function is engaged, the bounce start and end positions will match the

locator positions.

• If a selection (of one or more regions) is made in the Arrange window, the bounce

start and end positions will match the selected area.

Note: You can manually set the bounce start and end positions in the Bounce window,

if none of the options above are appropriate.

Any insights into what gets pre-populated into the bounce start-end positions? Mine always seem to be something fairly random i.e. 12 3 1 45 and 103 34 1 1

or similar.

It is *never* the start & end marker position locations.

IF - you have selected audio regions highlighted and then try to bounce, it will set your 1st and last selected region.

So make surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that you didn't unintentionally select any regions.

882375637_Picture1.png.9faf133c6234fc3db87ecffe972d0669.png