controlling reasons knobs via logic studio

RyanG

Hi I hope somebody can solve this headache for me -

me and our drummer recently put together a track in reason that we want to play live at our next gig. Im using reasons keyboard control function to mute and unmute drum loops and he is controlling synth parameters via a novation xiosynth. each nob is set up to control a huge range of different parameters i.e the gate on a RPG, the filter cutoff on a Thor, delay feedback on a delay unit and so on. (needless to say he won't be drumming along to this particular song!)

Everything works fine in reason stand alone mode but the rest of the live set is all done in Logic. I can rewire the two apps but how do I go about setting up midi to control the knobs on all the different synths and use the laptop keyboard? so far I can't even get one knob assigned.

The easy way around it is to close down logic and just open the reason file but that's not exactly ideal as I want everything mixed through logic.

Help!!

hi, once Reason and logic are rewired together u can select the reason synth u wish to control from the Library in logic i.e Subtractor - select that track in logic press A for automation the list will show lots of ctrl message numbers select the ones you want to control and then draw the automation . the pic below shows i am automating the filter cutoff function of the Subtractor. All the controller numbers for each Reason device can be found in the docs that come with Reason-Midi implementation chart. You could set up all ur laptop keys to mute or control ur reason devices in the Reason prog then save the song. rewire it to ur logic arrangement and just make sure Reason is clicked on . logic will keep playing in the background and u can do all ur control stuff from Reason but the audio will go through logic, this does work as ive just tried it. Also you could connect all your reason devices to individual channels in Logic and just mute the channels from the logic mixer .There are many ways to achieve what u want to do,its just up to u to find the way that best works for u.hope this helps.

1184492143_Picture1.png.fffd1fa14ec2cd26c91727647dd6ce9b.png

MIDI Implementation Charts.pdf