Automation Folder BUG

jimmarr

Hey Folks

I have a song with several plugs running ,one being EVP88 which I have some Trem on but it kept switching the trem off when I pressed play.

Ah ha must have automation but I had done none.

Anyway through an old thread here (very useful) I found how to get into the Automation Event edit page and then the "Automation Folder" and sure enough there was some automation so i deleted it.

Must have been in my Autoload I thought so I opened a new song.

At first Logic wouldnt let me open the Automation Event Edit because it said there was no automation data but after trying a few different tracks hitting the KC a few times it relented and again there was Automation on Audio track 1 and on Audio Inst 1,2,3 and 4.

Weird I thought so I deleted it, closed the window and saved the Autoload.

Then opened a new song and did the same check and the Automation Data had returned.Whats more when I deleted it after a couple of seconds a new bit of Automation appeared right in front of my eyes and I had touched NOTHING...

As I am reading this back It seems so weird so I checked again and disconnected my Midi interface just in case something was sending weird messeges but still the Atomation data was writing itself in my Autoload ..I would delete it and then watch and Ping , some new data would appear.

Ghost in the machine or what......

Am I doing something really stupid ???

Could somebody try this in a blank song.

Open a new song

Have the track curser on Audio Inst 2

Set Automation Event edit as a KC and press it

You may then get a message that their is no data so try another track

If you cant get it to open write a Volume automation , then press the KC

You should get a Event list caleed Autoload Automation

Then go to windows and open arrange and you should get an Arrange page with all your audio tracks , Instrument tracks , midi track etc .

Now do you have any automation on any of the tracks aswell as the volume you wrote and what happens if you delete it?

Please let me know

As an addition to the above i have tried a couple of experiments.

I changed my Autoload recently so I chucked all my prefs and went back to the old Autoload.

The magic appearing Automation was still appearing although on a lesser scale and for some reason not changing the EVP88.

In the event list , you see an event called *Automation and it has a position length and track No. There is no way of knowing what it does unless it does something which you notice which is what happened with me and the EVP88.

Therefore I'm pretty sure some of you out there will have the same thing but you have not noticed it.

I wonder if this BUG might be connected to SIDS which a lot of people do have a problem with!

Hope somebody checks this out soon

Cheers