Studio Monitor Express

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not a bug - you have to open up EuControl settings, go to the Assign page and make sure SME is currently active, switch back to EuControl settings page (you should see that Studio Monitor Express is shown at the top of the page) then tick Monitor and Control room (under Lock to application)

Now the Control Room knob will control SME even if it's not in focus.

Hope this helps?

• 1 month later...
Thanks Emdebee, your advice was spot on! However, I'm using a Lynx Aurora 16 with a mac pro and the euphonix control and mix, but the CR knob doesn't seem to have any affect on the output sound. I can see it working in the SME window and it's locked to the EuCon but no change to sound level when turned or mute when pushed. Any suggestions, threads, insults? I'll take it all!! Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've managed to get this to work, that is to say the MC control volume pot now controls the Monitors and the Control Room volume. Not sure about the Talk Back however.

I'm not an expert yet but I've noticed that for me, it all seems to depend on the order in which the applications are opened. This may be obvious to some people but I tried for a long time to get the MC to control the volumes and I was sure that all my settings in SME, Logic and the EU control application were all fine. I knew this because I had the PDF manual for SME that comes on the EU install disk, even though it's not that helpful it's worth reading.

Basically when I looked at the settings on the MC touchscreen the top section needed to contain "Logic Pro" as it's input, which was what I had called it in the SME settings. It didn't! So I worked out that I needed to open SME before opening the EU control application and powering up the MC mix and MC control. Once I did this and made sure it was 'locked' within the assign section, my input was there in the Touchscreen settings and it all worked fine for that session. Very well in fact.

The 'lock' settings from the assign section in the EU control application seems to be crucial. Without this, the MC control kept loosing it's connection to SME and I had to keep opening SME (bringing it on top of the other apps) so the MC would recognise it and allow me to set the volumes using the Volume Control on the MC.

I hope this helps. I'll post more about this subject as I learn a bit more. These are just my initial ramblings...of a mad man perhaps? ;-)

Cheers

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
I've managed to get this to work, that is to say the MC control volume pot now controls the Monitors and the Control Room volume. Not sure about the Talk Back however.

Craig

I've had no luck getting SME to work and was wondering how you have it configured; i.e. what you are using for an audio interface and how you have setup Logic Pro to work with SME.