Does Logic have a Note Mapping feature?

Permofryed

I am trying to find a note mapping feature to take incoming midi notes and covert them to a remapped note output.

Does Logic have a way to do this? I am not having any luck finding anything in the manual.

I know most programs have this for converting remapping to different key signatures or drum remapping.

Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Neil

Comes in handy when you want to create tracks for all 16 MIDI channels of a multi: just drag and drop the multi and whoop: you've created 16 tracks. :wink:

Now THAT is a great tip – thank you. :D

I notice that it sometimes duplicates MIDI channels though.

For example: I create a track, add a multi-timbral VI. I make sure the MIDI channel is All. In the environment I add a new Multi Instrument, cable it up to my VI and click on the first 4 MIDI channel numbers to enables them. Drag the Multi Instrument to the track list in the Arrange window, accepting the warning dialog.

It creates me three extra tracks, the original has been reassigned to channel 1, the new second track has been assigned to channel 4, the new third track has been assigned to channel 3 and the new fourth track has also been assigned to channel 4. :?

It’s no big deal to change the channel number, just a bit odd. Anybody else confirm this?