Is it possible to start at Bar 0?

liandrin

Indeed, You can:

- You have to go on your ruler area (where you see your bars) and clik (hold and move to the left) the black rectangle box (project starting point).

- or You might start from bar 5 (leave 4 bars off from 1 to 4) ...

Let me point out:

Not to worry about any "getting off". Logic records your signal as soon as you click your record button .... even in the count-off. You can always resize your region, trimming the region's left edge corner using your pointer tool (it automatically turns into a resize tool)

Best,

OTTO

While Otto is entirely right, it can be done, I would recommend against it, as Logic can behave erratically when the project start marker is before 1 1 1 1. In fact I recommend simply always leaving that marker on 1 1 1 1. I would recommend Otto's second suggestion instead: start your song on bar 5, or bar 9, depending on the space you need.

While Otto is entirely right, it can be done, I would recommend against it, as Logic can behave erratically when the project start marker is before 1 1 1 1. In fact I recommend simply always leaving that marker on 1 1 1 1. I would recommend Otto's second suggestion instead: start your song on bar 5, or bar 9, depending on the space you need.

+1.

Not to counter David's advice (and Jay's +1), but in my experience I've had no problems moving the song position to start at 0 1 1 1, though I wholeheartedly endorse their advice not to move it into the negative bar numbers.

To play it totally safe, if you need an extra bar at the top, use the insert function to add that extra bar from 1 1 1 1 to 2 1 1 1.

Not to counter David's advice (and Jay's +1), but in my experience I've had no problems moving the song position to start at 0 1 1 1, though I wholeheartedly endorse their advice not to move it into the negative bar numbers.

One example:

If you try to copy and paste automation from one track to another, unless your project marker is on 1 1 1 1, the copied automation is not in sync with the original.

625911817_LogicProScreenSnapz015.jpg.a4fd654a3769dd8f15fa18ea1da2b0b6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to add to the "known" complications: Bouncing a track or even a region begins at Bar 1, regardless of what may be before it.

I'm finding this incredibly frustrating. I wish I could refer to the same bar numbers as the people I'm recording. Right now I'm recording an acapella group who are all using sheet music, and I'm having to constantly work out where we are on their score.

One example:

If you try to copy and paste automation from one track to another, unless your project marker is on 1 1 1 1, the copied automation is not in sync with the original.

Aw man, this is bad news. I have worked in Digital Performer for years and working with the sequence start before measure 1 is second nature. I was thrilled some time ago when I realized I could slide the start to 0 and work just like I did in DP.

And now I am equally bummed to find out it is buggy. :x

Just to add to the "known" complications: Bouncing a track or even a region begins at Bar 1, regardless of what may be before it.

I'm finding this incredibly frustrating. I wish I could refer to the same bar numbers as the people I'm recording. Right now I'm recording an acapella group who are all using sheet music, and I'm having to constantly work out where we are on their score.

Have you thought about starting on bar 101 for their bar 1. I do this when making edit versions so the :60 is at bar 1, :30 is bar 101 etc. That way my numbers are relatively the same.

That's a really good idea, thanks! I'm going to try that. Now.... if I could only move the song start marker forward as well as back.....

You can, as long as there is no automation data or region(s) ... but again, I wouldn't recommend it. I recommend leaving the project start marker on 1 1 1 1, otherwise you'll have the issues I described and others as well...

That's a really good idea, thanks! I'm going to try that. Now.... if I could only move the song start marker forward as well as back.....

You can, as long as there is no automation data or region(s) ... but again, I wouldn't recommend it. I recommend leaving the project start marker on 1 1 1 1, otherwise you'll have the issues I described and others as well...

Once again, +1.

Once again, +1.

+1000, this has screwed me so many times. I've learned my lesson.