Recording Midi and Audio Together

peeb

I'm sure this is in the manual but of course i can't find it. Is it possible to sit at my controller keyboard with a mic set up, play a virtual instrument and sing, and record the vocal audio and the VI Midi at the same time? Sounds simple, probably is, but i can't for the life of me do it. Any help would be appreciated

Record-enable the tracks you want to record and then hit record. Simple as that!

If you are on Logic Express, I think you will need to have the instrument track selected when you press record as you can only rec-arm one track at a time...

I'm sure this is in the manual but of course i can't find it. Is it possible to sit at my controller keyboard with a mic set up, play a virtual instrument and sing, and record the vocal audio and the VI Midi at the same time? Sounds simple, probably is, but i can't for the life of me do it. Any help would be appreciated

The Shift key is your friend. ;)

MIDI will only record on a selected track, but Audio will record if it's armed, even if it's not selected.

It's the other way around: the Audio track needs to be selected. Logic won't record any Audio if you do not have at least one audio track selected.

As for the MIDI Track, when rec-arming only one, there's no way to have a MIDI track rec-armed but not selected, so no need to worry about it.

When recording exactly one audio track and one MIDI track, both should be selected. It needs to look like this:

pic.jpg.3dc63800a34c2cbbb5ebd1e9cf84dc0e.jpg