So Ableton has APC40 and Logic Has..

Well I am considering moving over to logic but have grown fond of having my novation remote 37 sl work with automap and was considering going with a apc40 if I stay with ableton. I knwo the apc is geared towards live use but I play only in the studio and looking for something similar..what are you using to control your vsts and logic effects and instruments

I knwo the apc is geared towards live use but I play only in the studio and looking for something similar..what are you using to control your vsts and logic effects and instruments

Hard to tell what you're asking as Live and Logic are so different in what they do. If you're going to be running both apps, maybe the NI Maschine is a better choice. Here's a video of Mashcine controlling Ableton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9RC0lkJsto

As far as VST's, if you must use them in Logic with a shell, (not recommended) then NI's Kore may be the best bet for hosting the VST's in Logic and for use with Maschine. But frankly you'd be much better off using AU's. Better stability in Logic.

I use my Edirol controller and/or my mouse/keyboard with Logic, since Logic is only used in-house for me. I don't need a lot of "real time" control with it.

With Live, on the other hand, I'll absolutely be getting an APC40. I can think of a zillion things I'd do with it within Live's Session view. Particularly: coming up with various arrangements of tracks until I find the one (or two) that I prefer, and arranging songs for mixed exports.

- zevo